Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2008 Harley-Davidson Models (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/6144-2008-harley-davidson-models.html)

Administrator 08-08-2007 02:28 PM

2008 Harley-Davidson Models

Original Article:
2008 Harley-Davidson Models

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Harley-Davidson Models in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

sachiwilson 08-08-2007 02:46 PM

Ok, now, that url is completely busted, and I can't find the darned article to fix it. I'll come back in a bit and try again.

The_AirHawk 08-08-2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachiwilson (Post 167252)
Ok, now, that url is completely busted, and I can't find the darned article to fix it. I'll come back in a bit and try again.

The Postbot is obviously a POS. Has nobody in the Administration noticed this?

sachiwilson 08-08-2007 06:38 PM

It's really odd because sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not. I'm sure *someone* has noticed it, but I'll go make a point about it in the mod forum.

sachiwilson 08-08-2007 06:39 PM

I finally fixed it by the way. *whew*!

anrajala 08-08-2007 10:56 PM

I like the trick saddle & mudguard - but 20k for a cruiser that is only middleweight by today's standards?

- cruiz-euro

MrDeadeye 08-09-2007 03:23 AM

Nice article. Its easy to see the Fat Bob is just a parts bin special with a Fat Boy front end on a Dyna. I'm more interested in the Rocker's DNA. Does it have a standard Softail frame? Is that a Duece tank? FX forks or something new?

Kenneth_Moore 08-09-2007 05:58 AM

There seems to be a lot of neat design ideas in the Rocker. Pete's comment: "combining look, sound and feel with actual riding performance and a reasonable level of comfort" is pretty high praise.

I wonder if anyone in the aftermarket is busy figuring out how to exploit that Trick Seat hardware for backrests, saddlebag mounts, or heated pizza delivery boxes...or maybe HD already has that stuff in the 08 parts catalog?

seruzawa 08-09-2007 06:06 AM

Well....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 167274)
I wonder if anyone in the aftermarket is busy figuring out how to exploit that Trick Seat hardware for backrests, saddlebag mounts, or heated pizza delivery boxes...or maybe HD already has that stuff in the 08 parts catalog?

... if there's no way to attach a milk crate then what's the point?

Kenneth_Moore 08-09-2007 06:19 AM

From the looks of it, they named it the "Trick Seat" because you're going to have to trick the girls into riding on it long enough to get them home. "Sure, it's really comfy, and it's only 45 minutes to my place."