Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #21
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
I had an excuse.

I rode through there on my K100RS in the 80's. it was waaaay over 100* out. I though my PNW cold-acclimated butt was going to melt! Neat place though, Hell's Canyon is pretty scenic

I like the Fat Bob well enough though I'd get a Street Bob if I was getting a new HD. In fact I almost bought one when I picked up my latest FXD, I just wanted to maintain some kind of budget so I cheaped out.

The Kawi. Drifter was a pretty cool looking bike IMO, as the Dr. said, way better the the "Indians" on sale at the time.

The Rocker and Rocker C look better in the ride past than the other pictures I've seen of them, pretty neat trick with the seat. Of course middle age fantasies aside I think it'll be difficult for the average HD owner, and I include myself here, to find a tiny enough heinie to fit on there given the regretable incidence of middle age postierior spread endemic in our female target demographic. Ah well, such is life eh, when marketing fantasy meets real life it's bound to be a let down...........

AAAAAAAAANNNNDDD the stupid assholes aren't going to bring the dope as s**t Sporty over here....Jesus, on one hand they're whinghing about an aging market place, then the fail to gives us the one bike that would probably sell like pepto-bismal at a chili cook-off to a younger crowd...

idjits...

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #22
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Concur. I'd actually consider that 1200. If it performs as well as it looks I'd be all over it.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:19 PM   #23
giganto
Registered Member

Default Grrrr...

..ditto about the 1200, was at least hoping to have the chance to mull over the possibility of purchase. Love the looks, would not have a care about getting smoked by the wee Buell zipping by either..
giganto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:55 AM   #24
mhertz17
Registered Member

Default Fat Bob

Went to my local Harley dealer to see the new Fat Bob. According to his website, they had a black one in their inventory. When I arrived they thought I was nuts as they do not have any yet and their allocation is two for the year. They went to their website and said it was a mistake and would have it removed. The salesman said that "word on the street was they would ask between $3000.00 and 5000.00 over MSRP". In 40 years of riding I have never ownned a Harley and guess I never will.
mhertz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:30 AM   #25
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhertz17 View Post
Went to my local Harley dealer to see the new Fat Bob. According to his website, they had a black one in their inventory. When I arrived they thought I was nuts as they do not have any yet and their allocation is two for the year. They went to their website and said it was a mistake and would have it removed. The salesman said that "word on the street was they would ask between $3000.00 and 5000.00 over MSRP". In 40 years of riding I have never ownned a Harley and guess I never will.
Bunch of Bull Hockey man. Go check out other dealers there are deals to be had out there. I'm 100% sure you can get that thing out the door for MSRP. Look around and don't deal with crooks!
Old 09-14-2007, 11:56 AM   #26
Neal
Founding Member

Default Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhertz17 View Post
My relatively small local dealer has one on the floor,unsold,MSRP.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:11 PM   #27
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Those days are gone, any dealer still expecting a vasoline tax is in for a rude awakening. It's a buyers market now. It's payback time like in the early 80's "what'll you throw in if I buy it here"......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 09-16-2007 at 09:13 PM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #28
jsimpson
Founding Member

I bought an 08 Anniversary Road King. It sounds like a Honda at idle and at low speed! What happened to the ka-chunk, ka-chunk??? Aside from that, it's the best Harley I've ever had! In 52 vyears of riding, I've owned a number of Harleys. The Sanford, FL dealer sold me their only anniversary addition Road King for $500 UNDER list! I wanted $2000 off, but I was dreaming! I've NEVER paid over list price for a Harley, not even when there was better than a year-long waiting list.

Last edited by jsimpson : 10-17-2007 at 08:02 PM.
jsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:30 PM   #29
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Wait a minute, it's 2010 right? Whew, thought I'd have to go through that spleen cleaning deal again for a second....