Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Buell 1125R First Look (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/6128-buell-1125r-first-look.html)

Administrator 08-07-2007 05:01 AM

Buell 1125R First Look

Original Article:
Buell 1125R First Look

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Buell 1125R First Look in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

iamz 08-07-2007 05:06 AM

Things that perform great in a wind tunnel, tend to look not so great to the eye. Lesson; Don't ever let the wind tunnel design a bike.

gbrummett 08-07-2007 05:17 AM

As a Buell owner I say, it's about time!!

Can hardly wait to see a twin super shoot out between the new Buell 1125R and Honda RC51 which I almost bought but will wait now for the Buell 1125R

Kenneth_Moore 08-07-2007 06:04 AM

Mr. Duke:
That's three solid articles on new bikes in the past few weeks, the Concours 14, the Vision, and now the Buell. Y'all beat Motorcyclist and Cycle World in getting the info to me on all three bikes! Nice going!

Another thought: a few months ago we had a thread "Why Not Here" discussing the glaring lack of an American built sportbike, or, dare I say it, superbike. I guess that question has been laid to rest, albeit with a European sourced engine. Nonetheless, I am very proud Buell has a bike that can compete with the rest of the world!

acecycleins 08-07-2007 07:17 AM

We (ok, at least a few of us) were slamming Buell, what?, around 6 mos ago for not producing a "proper" sportbike. I said it was inevitable, because of emissions, that he'd have to develop a water-cooled bike. Well, Suprise! Like that wasn't telegraphed....... Looks fun, can't wait to get a test ride.
Kirk

longride 08-07-2007 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 167076)
We (ok, at least a few of us) were slamming Buell, what?, around 6 mos ago for not producing a "proper" sportbike. I said it was inevitable, because of emissions, that he'd have to develop a water-cooled bike. Well, Suprise! Like that wasn't telegraphed....... Looks fun, can't wait to get a test ride.
Kirk

I know you are a great predictor and all, but they still produce the air-cooled bikes. This one isn't the only Buell made. ;-)

ikonoklass 08-07-2007 08:14 AM

I pronounce it Most Desirable Motorcycle of 2008.

longride 08-07-2007 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikonoklass (Post 167081)
I pronounce it Most Desirable Motorcycle of 2008.

I pronounce it the least bought, most desirable motorcycle of 2008. I bet they don't sell many more than the air-cooled ones.

Kevin_Duke 08-07-2007 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 167076)
Kirk

Surprisingly, the old air-cooled motors are meeting current emissions standards without a cat-con, so there's still life in that design. Plus, all '08 Buells get an engine updated with a new fuel-injections system, a higher redline, and an improved oiling system.

As for the 1125R, I was bummed when another trip came up that meant I can't go to the intro at Laguna! Pete's gonna have fun, I'd bet.

Kevin_Duke 08-07-2007 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 167071)
Mr. Duke:
That's three solid articles on new bikes in the past few weeks, the Concours 14, the Vision, and now the Buell. Y'all beat Motorcyclist and Cycle World in getting the info to me on all three bikes! Nice going!

Another thought: a few months ago we had a thread "Why Not Here" discussing the glaring lack of an American built sportbike, or, dare I say it, superbike. I guess that question has been laid to rest, albeit with a European sourced engine. Nonetheless, I am very proud Buell has a bike that can compete with the rest of the world!

Thanks, KM, but I can't take all the credit for the content. We've got a good team here at MO, with some quality freelancers. And things are going to get even better as MO:2 moves ahead.