Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 04:19 PM   #51
gbrummett
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 512
Default

The hottest I have ever ridden is

122 DEGRESS here in Mesa Arizona.

And yes it was really hot!!
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2007, 05:32 PM   #52
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrummett View Post
The hottest I have ever ridden is

122 DEGRESS here in Mesa Arizona.

And yes it was really hot!!
That about equals the short ride I got on a CL90 near Danang in 1969.

However the worst ride was 112 degrees from LA to Utah on a Shovelhead in 1989. I swear that rear cylinder was cooking my b@lls. I stopped in Barstow, Baker, etc and literally soaked myself in water at gas stations, but that only lasted 10 minutes. When you drink a half gallon of Gatorade between No Las Vegas and Mesquite (90 miles) and don't have to pee, you know it's miserable.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:56 AM   #53
anrajala
Founding Member
 
anrajala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,490
Default

Now that Buell has a model that doesn’t sport an oversized Briggs & Stratton directly from the fifties they are bound to increase the sales in Europe. There are many of us who think “motor” in the word “motorcycle” is the more important part. They could be pretty agressive too, given the current USD/EUR rate they get some 30% cost advantage without doing anything. Concept is spot-on, lets wait for the comparos.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #54
ericrosten
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 41
Default

I rode this spring in Minnesota in about 22 degree weather. Sun was out, and NW wind was blowing. Yeah, it was a new 636 Ninja and it needed Motoman's breakin. Needless to say 22 deg at 135 mph is a bit nippy. Try a lot nippy. At last, traded for an SV650 because the neck, elbows, and wrists weren't liking it. The 1125 caught my eye the first ad I saw on the 'net. Finally Buell puts the motor back into motorcycle. I think the big tank is great, as long as the CG is kept low, 5+ gallons is no issue. Wonder what the fuel economy for that lunger is going to be? They should have put on projector xenons on the front of that thing.
ericrosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:22 AM   #55
robb_millett
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 145
Default

What? Nobody's going rag on Buell for not being a "real American sportbike" because the engine is manufactured in Austria? holy crap! you're all missing a prime oportunity to totally disrespect Erik's integrity and besmirch the company name! what's WRONG with all of you? You should hear the crying over on the Cycyle World Forums! get your fricken nationalistic jackboots in STEP, losers!
WHo CARES How the bike functions the engine is made in Austria for fx sake! Doesn't anybody know what's important anymore?

on the other hand, as long as the City-X still comes in the groovy trnasluscent blue, I'm good.
robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:46 AM   #56
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb_millett View Post
What? Nobody's going rag on Buell for not being a "real American sportbike" because the engine is manufactured in Austria? holy crap! you're all missing a prime oportunity to totally disrespect Erik's integrity and besmirch the company name! what's WRONG with all of you? You should hear the crying over on the Cycyle World Forums! get your fricken nationalistic jackboots in STEP, losers!
WHo CARES How the bike functions the engine is made in Austria for fx sake! Doesn't anybody know what's important anymore?

on the other hand, as long as the City-X still comes in the groovy trnasluscent blue, I'm good.

You should be shot for being at Cycle World in the first place!
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:57 PM   #57
Fanbird
Founding Member
 
Fanbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2
Default New 1125R

Great, brief article. I've thought often of buying a Buell, but have never gotten all the way there. This new machine may get me into a showroom and down maybe to my friendly loan officer at the bank to check on rates. Understand, I'm a Triumph rider through and through, but maybe a V-twin would work for me. This thing looks like it'd kick ass, even if not my Triumph Triple.

Marcus Fanbird
Fanbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:50 PM   #58
robb_millett
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 145
Default shoot me later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
You should be shot for being at Cycle World in the first place!
to quote Shemp Howard, "I should be shot. I oughtta be shot. I think I'll have a shot."

really I had such hopes for that place, I thought it would be a bastion of highbrow motointelligencia...alas, it's as much a flame fest as anywhere online...fricken Kpaul has invaded, in fact.

I pity Dave Edwards... I bet there are days when he regrets ever opening the damn CW forums.




Hey, the MOron forums work great for me from home. no probs. must be the work firewall having an issue with the new MOronic SW.
robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:19 AM   #59
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb_millett View Post
to quote Shemp Howard, "I should be shot. I oughtta be shot. I think I'll have a shot."

really I had such hopes for that place, I thought it would be a bastion of highbrow motointelligencia...alas, it's as much a flame fest as anywhere online...fricken Kpaul has invaded, in fact.

I pity Dave Edwards... I bet there are days when he regrets ever opening the damn CW forums.




Hey, the MOron forums work great for me from home. no probs. must be the work firewall having an issue with the new MOronic SW.

As soon as KPuke turns into himself, he will be banned in no time. Gabe already laid the law down for him form day one. He complained here that he was being censored, and they censored him there worse than we ever did, and that was before post #1. I love how he is so polite and contrite over there. They ain't seen nothing yet!
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #60
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default Yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
He complained here that he was being censored, and they censored him there worse than we ever did, and that was before post #1.
So, where's his string of posts expressing his indignity over having his "freedom of speech" ruined by the evil fascists at CW? I thought he was the mighty KAVENGER! Defender of Free Speech and Minorities of which he has some best friends or dated a few times or something like that.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off