Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-30-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Victory Reveals 2008 Line-up

Original Article:
Victory Reveals 2008 Line-up

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Victory Reveals 2008 Line-up in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2007, 03:57 PM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Alex Edge? Wait a minute...isn't he the bro' of Dirck Edge, Motorcycle Daily guy?

Whodathunk it...does Fuji Industries still run Polaris/Victory (Kpaul baiting again)...
Old 07-30-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I think Victory makes some pretty cool designs and I wish them all the success in the world. However, their problem is I wouldn't consider anything but a Harley FXDWG for a V twin cruiser. The only other cruiser style bike I'd own would be a Triumph Speedmaster, Victory just wouldn't be on my list I'm afraid and I assume other people feel the same way. It's a tough market to break into.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:29 PM   #4
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I think Victory makes some pretty cool designs and I wish them all the success in the world. However, their problem is I wouldn't consider anything but a Harley FXDWG for a V twin cruiser. The only other cruiser style bike I'd own would be a Triumph Speedmaster, Victory just wouldn't be on my list I'm afraid and I assume other people feel the same way. It's a tough market to break into.
Yeah, the Speedmaster has a good look to it. Even the America ain't bad. The pricing on the Triumphs are pretty unbeatable for what you get.

$8000-$8500 gets you a real nice bike.

Can you hop them up and get the horsepower into the 60s easily? I figured if you are looking at a long distance ride the extra oomph would be nice.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Yeah, the Speedmaster has a good look to it. Even the America ain't bad. The pricing on the Triumphs are pretty unbeatable for what you get.

$8000-$8500 gets you a real nice bike.

Can you hop them up and get the horsepower into the 60s easily? I figured if you are looking at a long distance ride the extra oomph would be nice.
Pour a little jellied eel in the tank and the phukers haul ass.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:15 PM   #6
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

The same drill I did with my Bonnie aplies to the Speedie, IE TOR's, jets, drill the slides and a Norman Hyde Bellmouth intake adds about 187 horsepower plus the jellied eel and blood sausage addition is good for another 30~40 lb-footies of torque........

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:18 AM   #7
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

While I admire your selection of the Dyna line, I personally despise forward controls. There is something about the "Barcolounger" seating position just that doesn't work for me. It's the biggest rason I never liked the original V-ROD. Highway pegs, absolutely! Floorboards, never!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:41 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Oops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
While I admire your selection of the Dyna line, I personally despise forward controls. There is something about the "Barcolounger" seating position just that doesn't work for me. It's the biggest rason I never liked the original V-ROD. Highway pegs, absolutely! Floorboards, never!
If you look at the HD lineup you'll see that most of the Dyna models do not have forward controls. I think HD is the only company that offers cruisers with normal controls any more.

You can also get the base Dyna for $11995 which is a good deal in this day and age.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:02 AM   #9
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
If you look at the HD lineup you'll see that most of the Dyna models do not have forward controls. I think HD is the only company that offers cruisers with normal controls any more.

You can also get the base Dyna for $11995 which is a good deal in this day and age.
You are correct, Sir! Virtually the entire Dyna line comes with mid controls, with one notable exception: the FXDWG comes only with forward controls. Thus, I don't like it. Actually, I'm no big fan of the abnormally wide forks with skinny 21" tire, but that's a matter of style rather than function.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:06 AM   #10
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
You are correct, Sir! Virtually the entire Dyna line comes with mid controls, with one notable exception: the FXDWG comes only with forward controls. Thus, I don't like it. Actually, I'm no big fan of the abnormally wide forks with skinny 21" tire, but that's a matter of style rather than function.
Browser Update Required