Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-19-2007, 09:29 AM   #11
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

Sometimes aggression is the only route to survival.

Changing lanes frequently and following too close are both survival tactics down on Route 128 (the Staties call it the "Banzai Pipeline") on the outskirts of Boston. Traffic cruises at 30mph+ over the posted limit. Those who can't keep up are pulled down and ripped apart by the pack.

I can see that the intent of "aggression ticketing" is to weed out the habitual Oh!Fender!s. These are also known colloquially as "a-holes" or when we are really uncharitable "Yankee Fans". In fact, if someone behaves in an unacceptable manner the first instinct is to see if NEW YORK is printed on their license plates. Savages!

Fortunately Boston is revered for its' citizens strict adherence to any and all traffic laws. Further, Bostonians are famous for their courtesy, charity, and general lighthearted natures. Nary a day passes when I don't see many selfless acts perpetuated by these paragons of driving virtue.
Cheesebeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2007, 09:40 AM   #12
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

"This concentration on nebulous concepts like "aggressive driving" is a smaller form of tyranny carried out for revenue generation. It sounds so wicked but no one can define it. Sort of like "racism".

As much as I hate to go down the evil conspiracy road, I have to agree. And I suspect the motives are worse than simple greed. If the entire population is constantly "breaking the law" then it's pretty easy to repress said population.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #13
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebeast View Post
Sometimes aggression is the only route to survival.

Fortunately Boston is revered for its' citizens strict adherence to any and all traffic laws. Further, Bostonians are famous for their courtesy, charity, and general lighthearted natures. Nary a day passes when I don't see many selfless acts perpetuated by these paragons of driving virtue.
Ah, yes. They don't call 'em "Massholes" for nothin'..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:25 PM   #14
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

"Fortunately Boston is revered for its' citizens strict adherence to any and all traffic laws. Further, Bostonians are famous for their courtesy, charity, and general lighthearted natures. Nary a day passes when I don't see many selfless acts perpetuated by these paragons of driving virtue."

I had no idea Boston had such a large Latino population.
(That joke might only be funny in South Florida)
Old 07-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #15
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Recently on a trip to NC, I was pulled over for going 97 in a 65 in a rental car.
Do I need to say it?

Ahem. Son you'd be in jail for that down he-ah!
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:44 PM   #16
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

You know, it was damn close, for a while there I thought he was going to take me in! That trooper was furious, you'd have thought I was drunk and running over babies. In truth, it was an empty 4 lane on a perfect weather day. To add insult to injury, I've had to hire an attorney to represent me due to the "Wanton Drunken Baby Killing" charge...I can't just plead and pay! Fckers!
Old 07-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #17
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

I just finished the aggressive driving course after getting a reckless charge for a 15 mph wheelie, and my attorney got me off with negligent driving 2 which in WA is a traffic offense instead of criminal, which reckless is. I had to pay 200 bucks. I also had to pay 100 bucks to take the National Traffic Safety Institute course, and of course I had to pay my attorney.

Luckily now I'm educated about reckless driving though. It's all about attitude. I also learned a lot about road rage. It was truly a fantastic class, and well worth the 100 dollars. It sure is smart of the state to send people to it because I know that all those 23 year old guys that are in there on racing and reckless charges are going to take that finger-wagging to heart (the whole class was early 20's men, except me, one young woman and a 45 year old guy with a porsche).
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #18
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I had no idea Boston had such a large Latino population.
(That joke might only be funny in South Florida)
No, it's amusing in Northwest Arkansas/Soutwest Missouri, too........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:55 PM   #19
kavenger
Banned

Thumbs up kscale for driving agressiveness

I totally agree with you. Austin Texas, Salt Lake and Portland, Seattle drivers and cops are pretty cool..Worse places than that are Miami, LA, Dallas, Chicago, Denver, NJ and NY. Boston, SF, St.Louis and Atlanta in my opinion were in the middle of coolness scale.
kavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:13 PM   #20
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

What did the attorney cost you?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote