Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2007, 09:36 AM   #1
gbabington
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1
Default sorry men...

The reason women like harleys soo much is because they are girl's bikes. just like a oversized, pretty, chrome plated, pink steering wheeled Mary Kay cadillac. Rubber mounted engines with fan belt drive the reason they can use belt drive is because they don't make enough torque to tear the cogs out of them. But girls don't know what torque is any way. Most anything over 500 c.c. except maybe a buel, can beat the hoar moans out of any chrome and pretty painted pig. Oh sorry I mean hog. Rubber mounted engines are because they can shake the teeth out of a dinosaur at 50 paces, because they viberate so bad. But girls like that. In fact isn't that what the ladies "self service" class is all about??
Oh yea and talk about suoping up a pig...I mean hog. Isn't that something like putting headers and a cam on a 1974 cadillac coup de ville? Or jacking up the rear end and putting sliks on a 1967 Cadillac el dorrado? (They had front wheel drive.)But girls don't care just so long as they look pretty. Personaly, I'd be embarrased to be seen on something like that. It would be kinda like someone passing around a picture of me in a corrset and pantys.
Oh and cutting edge of technoligy... they been making the same 45 degree V twin for the last 80 years. I'd calll that more like stuck in a rut. And talking about getting stuck... If you drop the thing you'd need a tow truck to pick it back up. I think that's the funniest aspect of a girl on a full dresser.. Or for that matter any one with a dresser. Harleys newest marketing ploy is gonna be a Mary Kay Road King.
gbabington is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2007, 09:50 AM   #2
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator
 
sachiwilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,609
Default

You're quite the expert on what "girls" like, aren't you, honey?
__________________
Frappé LaRue
*Safety Queen*
Are you a Rounder?

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

bigdx is that you?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:16 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Somebody needs a hug!
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:20 AM   #5
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a really, really, really old farmhouse
Posts: 4,369
Default

I was going to delete this, but it would be a shame to prevent the masses for enjoying one man's massive stupidity.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:25 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default Don't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
I was going to delete this, but it would be a shame to prevent the masses for enjoying one man's massive stupidity.
This is the stuff we live for around here. I hope he's not just another hit-and-runner.

KPaul especially should want this guy to stay around. He makes even KP look rational.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:51 AM   #7
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

A pretty p*ss-poor job of trolling if you ask me. Not even all that bright either, a cam and headers on a 472 or 500 c.i. V8 would get even a barge like a '74 Caddy moving down the road pretty good. I suppose his point is that it'd go fast in a straight line but not turn?????
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #8
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

 
mscuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Next to my still checkin the temp.
Posts: 5,448
Default cubic inches+compression= horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
A pretty p*ss-poor job of trolling if you ask me. Not even all that bright either, a cam and headers on a 472 or 500 c.i. V8 would get even a barge like a '74 Caddy moving down the road pretty good. I suppose his point is that it'd go fast in a straight line but not turn?????
The big horsepower years for Caddy were in 1969 & 1970. 472 cu.in. thinwall cast block, the '69 had 10.5 to 1 compression, the '70 got dropped 1/2 a pont to 10.1. The motor produced 365 horsepower at 3800 rmp, and 500 ft.lbs. of torque at 4000 rpm. So the torque peaked after the horsepower. The motors were also about 150 lbs. lighter than a big block Chevy. In 1972 they dropped the compression to 8.1, and away went the horsepower.

For some reason, no one made any hop up parts for the Caddy motor. You had to "do it yourself". My '70 Coupe De Ville has a gaint doublepumper Holly (nicknamed the toilet), along with dual exhaust, & giant 5 foot long mufflers and a mallory dual point distributor. Headers wre non-existant, since the exhaust manifold on a Caddy were "interfearance" fit, i.e. no gasket.

Cadillac Mootorsports in Texas (use to be in San Luis Obispo) has 500 cubic inch motors that are guaranteed to produce 500 hp & 500 ftlbs. Put that in a Gremlin and turn 10 second quarter miles...
__________________
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:04 PM   #9
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
The big horsepower years for Caddy were in 1969 & 1970. 472 cu.in. thinwall cast block, the '69 had 10.5 to 1 compression, the '70 got dropped 1/2 a pont to 10.1. The motor produced 365 horsepower at 3800 rmp, and 500 ft.lbs. of torque at 4000 rpm. So the torque peaked after the horsepower. The motors were also about 150 lbs. lighter than a big block Chevy. In 1972 they dropped the compression to 8.1, and away went the horsepower.

For some reason, no one made any hop up parts for the Caddy motor. You had to "do it yourself". My '70 Coupe De Ville has a gaint doublepumper Holly (nicknamed the toilet), along with dual exhaust, & giant 5 foot long mufflers and a mallory dual point distributor. Headers wre non-existant, since the exhaust manifold on a Caddy were "interfearance" fit, i.e. no gasket.

Cadillac Mootorsports in Texas (use to be in San Luis Obispo) has 500 cubic inch motors that are guaranteed to produce 500 hp & 500 ftlbs. Put that in a Gremlin and turn 10 second quarter miles...
How many gallons per mile did it get?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:08 PM   #10
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

 
mscuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Next to my still checkin the temp.
Posts: 5,448
Default

Right around eight GPM. On a good day.
__________________
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off