Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-12-2007, 08:14 AM   #11
SprintSTer
Registered Member

What, no news about a liquid-cooled Buell?
Not so sure I like the new format.
SprintSTer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2007, 08:46 AM   #12
nondual
Founding Member

CVO? Was this ever explained in the article? It should have been explained right at the TOP of the article.
nondual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:00 AM   #13
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I think few people, even people who aren't impressed with HD's technology or performance to cost ratio, would argue that they build a high quality product. Materials, fit, finish, and assembly are top notch. The CVO bikes take it to another level. I sold and rode many of these bikes when I worked at HD, and I can say every tiny detail on the bike is the best it can be. They have their own assembly line, use the best possible components, even hidden fasteners etc. are the best. Are they worth the money? Hard to say; their NADA values are higher than the standards. You couldn't "build" the bike from the catalog for the same money you'd spend. And the paint they mention in the article is just unbelieveable. I'm looking forward to checking these 08's out when the arrive. Wouldn't buy one, but I do admire them!
Old 07-12-2007, 09:53 AM   #14
nweaver
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintSTer View Post
What, no news about a liquid-cooled Buell?
Not so sure I like the new format.
Yeah, they are falling down on the job. No liquid cooled Buell remarks, nothing in the news about Aprilia's CVT bike (which has some VERY interesting implications: imagine a 70 HP sportbike where, NO MATTER WHEN OR WHERE YOU OPEN THE THROTTLE, you get 70 HP immediately. You would run circles around a 600 supersport, dispite being down 30 HP)

And when reprinting Harley's press material, not including the notes that the ABS extends to ALL the touring and VRSC models, at least as an option if not standard. This is a big deal change, and says that ABS is getting inrodes in the US at least among the cruiser crowd.
nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:59 PM   #15
eekadog
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Original Article:
2008 Harley-Davidson CVO Models

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Harley-Davidson CVO Models in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
not to be mean, but I've noticed that almost all of your recent stories have been done by a competitor several days before your reviews have been posted, in the same order.
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #16
Auphliam
Founding Member

Yeah, what gives MOrons? You got completely scooped on teh new Trumpet Triple, the Aprilia and now the Buell.

The earlier ones I can see 'cause y'all were in the midst of the big website conversion, but an Austrian water cooled Buell is huge news for the American motorcycle industry.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:45 PM   #17
tomk2
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eekadog View Post
not to be mean, but I've noticed that almost all of your recent stories have been done by a competitor several days before your reviews have been posted, in the same order.
More Yossef, less recycled press releases!
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:44 AM   #18
Aero_Doc
Registered Member

Personally I thought the article read as a sales pitch to buy a H-D rather than a review on these 4 CVOs.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:57 AM   #19
nweaver
Founding Member

Oh, and don't forget all the reviews of the Concours 14 out now.
nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:37 AM   #20
Alaskan18724
Founding Member

Angry Change for Change's sake

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am resistant to change, at least until it is demonstrated by clear and convincing evidence that change is beneficial; i.e., we are moving to something bigger, better, faster, stronger, whatever. Now the site looks like every other site, is less convenient to navigate, and has lost most, if not all, of the personality that made the old site unique. Sure, it had its glitches from time to time, but that seems to be the one characteristic that hasn't changed.

Beyond style, however, content is the big deal, and content is suffering mightily. I'd much rather have quick, comprehensive coverage in an old-school package than have the guys waste their time with glitz. I sat quietly for days waiting for the site to post something--anything!--on the new Harleys and the water-cooled Buell. Some of it finally arrived, but it's basically a cut and paste of the factory info, and doesn't even cover all of the significant items included in the factory release!

I guess I haven't seen anything here that would persuade me not to resist change. This site has for years been my first stop when I log on, but it just ain't keeping up with some of the competition. We should demand a return to normalcy. Where's John Burns when we need him?

CWB
Alaskan18724 is offline   Reply With Quote