Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #81
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Easy target

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Is it just me, or is everyone else haveing lots of fun beating up on this monstrosity. I truly feel for the Victory company as a whole, because I think they make some pretty nice bikes. This bike may well turn out to be the albatross that gets hung around their neck.
Yeah, it's fun to make jokes but the more I look at it the more I get used to it. It's not really much more outlandish than a GoldWing or K1200LT. Those look like big scooters too. All are ridiculously expensive. It's probably the tailbox that's the silliest. Without the box you could paint the rear in black and yellow stripes which would make it look like a wasp.

Just think. If you owned one you'd never run out of new and interesting metaphors for it. You could name it "Zorg". Or pretend you are racing Bruce Willis in his 5th Element air taxi. There's no shortage of creative humorous opportunities with the Victory Vision.

It's got even more comedy potential than BrowningBAR's beloved BMW1200C.

Last edited by seruzawa : 07-06-2007 at 10:25 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2007, 10:37 AM   #82
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Yeah, it's fun to make jokes but the more I look at it the more I get used to it. It's not really much more outlandish than a GoldWing or K1200LT. Those look like big scooters too. All are ridiculously expensive. It's probably the tailbox that's the silliest. Without the box you could paint the rear in black and yellow stripes which would make it look like a wasp.

Just think. If you owned one you'd never run out of new and interesting metaphors for it. You could name it "Zorg". Or pretend you are racing Bruce Willis in his 5th Element air taxi. There's no shortage of creative humorous opportunities with the Victory Vision.

It's got even more comedy potential than BrowningBAR's beloved BMW1200C.

Damn you, Seruzawa, DAMN YOU!!!!! *shaking fists in air, head looking skyward*

The "Street" model of the Vision without the hump on it's back is better looking.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:47 AM   #83
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Damn you, Seruzawa, DAMN YOU!!!!! *shaking fists in air, head looking skyward*

The "Street" model of the Vision without the hump on it's back is better looking.
Better looking than what? It's toad with one of the warts missing.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #84
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Right, so that would make it better looking than the one with a big wart on it's back.

I didn't say it was good looking. I said it was better looking than this model.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #85
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenman_26 View Post

This demographic isn't concerned with horsepower to weight ratios, ground clearance, the ability to hang off in tight corners, or even the new friends/lifestyle image they might acquire when they join a marque's support group (HOG, GWRRA, BMWMOA).
I think the only thing that 'the demographic' needs to be concerned about with this bike is having someone you know seeing you riding it. I'd go with another poster's suggestion, and go with the full-face and dark shield at all times, just to be safe.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #86
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Missing the point.

Quote:
Every bike is beautiful to one person and hideous to another. The Vision is just the next step in the market's search for baby boomer dollars. The Vision is targeted at those who spent their afternoons plopped in front of the tube watching Flash Gordon reruns and never missed a single episode of the Commando Cody vs The Radar Men from the Moon at the local matinee. Harley is after those who dreamed of being outlaws. The Vision is aimed at those who dreamed of defeating the Evil Galactic Overlord.

Now stop bugging me while I mount that fricking laser beam.......
Old 07-06-2007, 11:12 AM   #87
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Just one more thing to add before I'm accused of piling on. Anyone that complains that Harleys are overpriced after seeing the price for this thing, shall receive a kick in thy pants from this day forward.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:15 AM   #88
bbtowns
Founding Member

Meet George Jetson...When I was a kid, I bought one of those kits from the back of a comic book to make a hovercraft with an old vacuum cleaner. The add showed a kid gliding over a swimming pool, but mine ended up in the bottom of the deep end. The advertising image of the machine looked something like this thing. This is truly the ugliest bike I've ever seen. Hell I like the Ducati 999, the V-Strom, I can even keep my stomach within sight of a Rune, but this is even beyond my poor taste.
bbtowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #89
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Arlen Ness. Cory Ness. May these names be forever etched in the KPAULSQUIDCOOK Wall of Shame. I mean Fame. I'll bet $32 that Father and Son met with the Polaris execs, and the cry was: GET US ON THE RADAR! WE DON'T CARE HOW! Alen and Cory, faced with the humongous mortgage payments on their gigantic new world HQ, and an ever-shrinking market for fatassed customs, sold their souls for 2% of the pre-tax margin on every Vision foisted on an unsuspecting victim. Keep in mind, this two wheeled abortion took YEARS to develop, we cannot blame mescaline alone.

Meanwhile, BRP attacks the purity and wholesomeness of motorcycling with their creation from Hell, the Can-Am Spyder; the worlds first hermaphormorthician genetic experiment recombining the DNA of a sport bike, a Sea DooDoo, a Snow DooDoo, and a rare air-cooled Yugosalvian sedan.

These are strange times, strange times.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #90
Auphliam
Founding Member

Quote:
Just one more thing to add before I'm accused of piling on. Anyone that complains that Harleys are overpriced after seeing the price for this thing, shall receive a kick in thy pants from this day forward.
Excuse me? Have you ever seen or been to a Hardly Stealership?

Please!