Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #61
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Maybe a little red Cylon light going back and forth across the fairing............

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2007, 02:52 PM   #62
rkrayton2000
Founding Member

Default ha-ha-ha

I don't know who would buy this bike but it looks strange enough that they might sell a bunch of them mostly to people who want to look different. Hope Blackwell has one of those real good getting fired packages because I think hes going to need it
rkrayton2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #63
hogeye
Founding Member

Holy Cycledelia, Batman! Someone has stolen the Bat-cycle from the Batcave, cloned it, and is selling them on the open market!
hogeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:45 PM   #64
dmheng
Registered Member

Default Look on the twisties is it a bug, is it a bike, no it's.....

no it's bugbike. Man that is one ugly bike. Looks like the back end of giant ant with the legs pulled off and wheels inserted.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #65
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I absolutely agree. After working at HD for just over a year, and riding every bike in the place several times, I am strongly of the opinion that the Road Glide is HD's best cruiser by far. The fixed fairing has none of the bad handling characteristics of the "batwing," it looks modern and cool to me, and if you want the space you can easily add the upper bag. Cigar lighter, CD player, cruise control...I can get used to it! I spent the weekend on a 96" and loved it. That was in the Keys; no heat issues, but noisy shifts. Give them a year or two and the 96 will be sorted out; the issues they're having are very typical for a "1.0" revision, and I'm sure they'll clean it up soon.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #66
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

It's official. When I got home I called my 8 year old son over to the PC to have a look. His response: "OH GEEZ, that's pretty wierd. But I've seen wierder, like the 3 eyed fish on the Simpsons!"
Old 07-05-2007, 05:35 PM   #67
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default Maybe it's just me...

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it's that ugly. IMHO, I think it has more styling elements than the Goldwing. However, what's up with the touring, feet-forward design? I'd have to sit on it before I give it my final seal of approval.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:56 PM   #68
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it's that ugly. IMHO, I think it has more styling elements than the Goldwing. However, what's up with the touring, feet-forward design? I'd have to sit on it before I give it my final seal of approval.
The one photo REALLY looks like the legs are straight out and stretching to meet the floor boards. I was surprised by that as usually the touring rigs are less extreme.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:22 PM   #69
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Ha! Motorcyclists love to pretend that they love change but woe betide any manufacturer who tries it. Honda got burned nearly to death over their attempt to change the paradigm from I-4s to V-4s. BMW found out the hard way that the riders wouldn't tolerate the shift away from boxer twins. The Ruin fell with a big flopping splat. Notice that the BMW 1200C is no longer with us. Any manufacturer that thinks it can purposefully change the face of motorcycling is living in lalaland. The ones who did change it (Honda's SOHC CB750 for instance) weren't planning the success they had, only hoping for it.

All that most bikers will usually tolerate is incremental change. There are a few who will buy the more outlandish designs. Since Victory only sells about 7500 bikes a year then if they sell 500 of these it'll be a rousing success. And since Honda did eventually sell the Ruins I wouldn't be surprised if Polaris could manage to sell enough of these TerrorVisions (mmmm.. Medusa) to justify the production. I won't be one of them.

Heh heh. I used the word 'paradigm'.
Honda didn't sell all the Ruins. I was looking at a local sales mag and a dealer still has a brand new one for sale for 16,500. That's 8 grand off the old price. Don't you wonder how much they lost on that piece of crap? People will accept change, but not butt-ugly change. Beauty may be only skin deep, but ugly is to the bone. This Victory wasn't just touched by the Ugly Stick, it got beat by the Ugly Stick.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:32 PM   #70
billlang675
Founding Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Maybe, El Guape, but it's just outlandish enough that they might sell a plethora of them.
Hey look at me!
billlang675 is offline   Reply With Quote