Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2008 Victory Vision - First Ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/5803-2008-victory-vision-first-ride.html)

BrowningBAR 07-05-2007 08:40 AM

Do I like the looks of this bike? No, not at all. But I do hope it is moderately successful. Otherwise, I would think it could do quite a bit of harm to Victory's long term survival/success.

I do like most of the other cruisers Victory makes...apart from the one with the really fat back tire.

Auphliam 07-05-2007 08:41 AM

I think its pretty cool. I also think its funny how, when they make something that isn't much different they are called Hardly Davidson copy-cats. Then when they do make something truly different, every one cries that they should make something more normal. Hmm.

And who the heck said it was pricey? Have you even glimpsed any touring rig outside of a motorcycle mag (electronic or print)? Any new Wing Ding or FLHTCUIXPELIDOCIOUS will set you back an easy 30K +.

They could have just made an unimaginative, 800 lb. V-Twin tank with plain old boxes strapped on it and a CD/radio in the fairing and charged 35K. Oh wait, Harley already does that.

BrowningBAR 07-05-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auphliam (Post 164376)
I think its pretty cool. I also think its funny how, when they make something that isn't much different they are called Hardly Davidson copy-cats. Then when they do make something truly different, every one cries that they should make something more normal. Hmm.

And who the heck said it was pricey? Have you even glimpsed any touring rig outside of a motorcycle mag (electronic or print)? Any new Wing Ding or FLHTCUIXPELIDOCIOUS will set you back an easy 30K +.

They could have just made an unimaginative, 800 lb. V-Twin tank with plain old boxes strapped on it and a CD/radio in the fairing and charged 35K. Oh wait, Harley already does that.

I like different bikes. I liked Beemers cruiser a lot...and Seruzawa makes sure to remind me of how much of a tard that makes me. I'm just not a hyge cruiser-touring bike fan. I don't care for the Goldwing and I'm not a big fan of HD's large touring rig.

And being a designer myself, I do not see this thing ageing well at all. The front end and tail section just seem too large, to heavey looking.

But I do hope they sell.

longride 07-05-2007 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auphliam (Post 164376)

I suppose the only question left is when are you buying yours? My bet is never. ;-)

FalcoSC 07-05-2007 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allbikesbiker (Post 164337)
there is something between 1940's style and .. whatever this bike is..
lets get on the ball Victory, and make a bike that doesn't make me squint and shake my head.
I hope it's the last time they let a designer eat mushrooms before designing a bike.

I agree. It looks like a 1940's futuristic concept bike.

Bike design should be innovative and done by engineers, not artists. Performance and function should be the priorities, style and bling follow last.

Kreb_Cycle 07-05-2007 09:12 AM

I haven't seen a Victory I've liked yet, and this gives me confidence that I never will. I'd rather have a Harley any day.

I'd rather have my go cart I built out of 2x4's, bicycle wheels, a lawnmower engine, and a chainsaw clutch when I was 12 than this abomination. Actually, I'd rather have that than a lot of things.

naco_traficante 07-05-2007 09:23 AM

[quote=Auphliam;164376] I also think its funny how, when they make something that isn't much different they are called Hardly Davidson copy-cats. Then when they do make something truly different, every one cries that they should make something more normal. Hmm.

I was thinking the same thing, too. Duc Multistradas are funky looking but they have their following.

nweaver 07-05-2007 09:42 AM

I don't get it...

Why get this over a Wing, which has a much smoother, more powerful engine, better looks, etc?

Kenneth_Moore 07-05-2007 09:54 AM

Because it has a big, rumbling V-Twin engine that only by a strange coincidence performs, sounds, and looks very much like a Harley V-Twin.

BrowningBAR 07-05-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 164389)
Because it has a big, rumbling V-Twin engine that only by a strange coincidence performs, sounds, and looks very much like a Harley V-Twin.

Well, wouldn't most cruiser styled bikes with a v-twin have an engine that looks and sounds like a Harley?