Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-05-2007, 06:36 AM   #21
SRMark
Founding Member

From the back it looks like a toilet. The fairing opening in front looks like a storage bin. Instant classic indeed.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2007, 06:53 AM   #22
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default It will get you noticed.....

Just not for your good taste.....
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:07 AM   #23
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Did anybody else notice the front fairing is referred to as a "batwing?" Gee, haven't I heard that description somewhere else?
Old 07-05-2007, 07:19 AM   #24
naco_traficante
Registered Member

I have always appreciated art deco as a timeless style that mirrors fluid shapes found in nature. By contrast I have always thought that HD design looks like something from the Eastern Bloc during the cold war, like some kind of luxury Ural. Thankfully, recent models are starting to look more aerodynamic.
I don't like behemoth bikes in general but at least this one has style. I applaud Victory for their big cajones and I hope this gamble pays off for them. However I think the top trunk looks a bit awkward, I think the Street design is cleaner.
naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:46 AM   #25
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Good get, guys. So tomorrow you'll have an indepth review of the Concours 14?
Old 07-05-2007, 07:58 AM   #26
lwatcdr
Founding Member

Real simple. How does it ride? Isn't that the big question? When I was a kid the Z1 and CB750 where the bikes of choice. To me the ZRX1200 was a great looking bike. I admit that I don't find this bike a thing of beauty but I don't think it is any worse then the Goldwing. I find all the big touring bikes kind of lumpy.
lwatcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:12 AM   #27
DonM
Founding Member

I was glad to read further down in the article that function did indeed follow the unusual form. I applaud the exposed engine. That is a difficult thing to do in a luxury tourer.

I would like easier access to the high-res pictures in an article.
DonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:29 AM   #28
zenjim
Registered Member

I've seen them in person and they're not as ugly up close. But they're still fantastically hideous. Methinks from a business perspective putting the fancy new engine and all the cruiser accoutrements* on the Kingpin may have been the way to go. But hats off for having the balls to do something really different. Stockholders may not agree.

*sorry for the use of the fancy French word. If it helps, I'm a little hung over from celebrating my freedom yesterday.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:35 AM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

For the 20+ grand that monstrosity is going to cost, I think you will be admiring it from a distance......a real LONG distance.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:39 AM   #30
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRMark View Post
From the back it looks like a toilet. The fairing opening in front looks like a storage bin. Instant classic indeed.
..and the back of the fairing looks like a slot machine. I keep searching for the coin slot & handle. Pee-u. What ever happened to form following function? I owned the original "Vision" manufactured by Yamaha in 1980 (XS1100 Vision). Mine looked way better, and was most likely a better tourer too.