Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-04-2007, 08:33 PM   #11
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

That is the goofiest looking motorcycle I have ever seen, period. Mark Blackwell has re-invented the Detroit panic of '58. Since I've seen ZERO of the marque anywhere anyplace at anytime, one can only summize this model signifies the death spiral for the entire line of Victory motorcycles.

They should think about giving drug tests to the folks in Victory's motorcycle design division. A '59 LeSabre looks svelt compaired to this styling fiasco.

Feh...

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2007, 09:43 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Ineffective terror tactics.

Emperor Ming the Merciless does not feel threatened. Flash Gordon's new TerrorCycle cannot defeat Emperor Ming's armies. No attempts to panic Emperor Ming's people will succeed. They are already made immune to such terror tactics by being forced to ride BMW1200Cs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ming.jpg (19.9 KB, 11 views)
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:12 PM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Maybe, El Guape, but it's just outlandish enough that they might sell a plethora of them.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:25 AM   #14
anrajala
Founding Member

Ah longride, keeper fo the flame, still holding to the values of more-of-the-same school of thought? As the big baggers go, this actually has some style.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:55 AM   #15
xlr8r
Founding Member

Default Retreat from the future

I'll get flames for this, but here goes: when a country loses confidence in itself or what it is doing, it looks back to a previous era where it was doing rather better, and reassures itself. For thirty years or more H-D have been recycling the fifties - and with this new Vision (lovely title, what with its connotations of impossible illusion/delusion and all) Victory have gone back even further, to a time when the US led the world in its modernity, and dared to imagine an even more modern future, styled like Buck Rogers. What this Vision, and all the low/bobber/dragger/bagger Glides are doing, is providing escape from an unacceptable present to a fondly recreated golden era of the past. Interesting how these golden eras are each placed one step back in time from wars in which the US found itself a sometimes unwilling participant...
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:07 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Ah longride, keeper fo the flame, still holding to the values of more-of-the-same school of thought? As the big baggers go, this actually has some style.

- cruiz-euro
Until you go buy one and show us a picture of you standing next to it, I'd say you are just running your mouth (as usual).

Last edited by longride : 07-06-2007 at 05:33 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:20 AM   #17
Gritboy
Founding Member

I'm terrified. This may just set back motorcycle styling 60 years. Bleh!
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:30 AM   #18
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I was watching "The Animal" with my 8 year old son the other day. After one scene he asked me: "why do guys always look at girls' butts?" Perhaps the same will be true with the Vision; what looks weird and stupid to us one day often becomes what we like the next. As for my son, one day, once he has a chance to ride one, he'll undoubtably change his opinion about all those funny curves and "extra" features.

PS: I think it's butt frikin' ugly in the photos. Maybe it isn't so bad in real life.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:30 AM   #19
giganto
Registered Member

Red face forward they...think.

Points for a truly new design that may/not be considered cool in 20 yrs, but not my own...vision.
A hearty no to the trunk.
giganto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:05 AM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritboy View Post
I'm terrified. This may just set back motorcycle styling 60 years. Bleh!
Be afraid.......be VERY afraid. This thing is an abortion from the movie Alien. It's coming to get you.