Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-20-2007, 06:30 AM   #141
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
I maybe mistaken but you appear agitated. Maybe you should lay off coffee for some time? I don't want to hurt your feelings.

I usually don’t exchange too many posts with the kind of people who sign their posts “I’m a knucklehead” but since you complain I can’t follow up your logic, I must comment. Anyways, what kind of person would I be if I didn't help a fellow motorist to see the light?

You write “I have owned 10 in the last 3 years alone. That makes my opinion worth something, and yours worth nothing”

So the fact that you have owned x number of bikes nullifies the value of the opinion of some stranger on the other side of the world, some guy whom you have never met? If this goes for logic for “Super Moderator” on this site, I don’t want to know how the regular moderators think. Dear God.

- cruiz-euro

As said by the Sage Vermicious:
"Then feel free to find another site on which to to post your drivel. This garbage bores me."

I really don't have anything to add to that, except that you aren't a stranger on the other side of the world. You are a moron. There's a big difference.<!-- / message -->

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #142
dwhite28
Registered Member

My wife and I headed out of Virginia Beach on Sept 1, 2007 and headed to Gaithersburg, MD for a test ride on the Vision. I have to admit i was quite surprised when I finally got on the bike. I have been planning on getting a touring bike for the last year and had worked myself down to the BMW K1200LT, H-D Road Glide and the dressed out Triumph Rocket III. I do not need to look at any more bikes now. I will own a Vision in the next 12 to 18 months. The bike actually lets you become comfortable rather quickly. To start with, here i am getting on a large touring rig with my wife and no time to acquaint myself with the usual solo riding around the parking lot to get a feel for how she responds, I head out of the parking lot right into a right hand turn into heavy traffic and as she leaned over I started to feel like she was about to dump over, I just eased into the throttle and she lifted right up and went right were I looked and pointed her as if she was my Honda Shadow. She leans and handles rather well in traffic and city driving. I got to see the tip over protection in action when the group of bikes I was with entered a left hand turn lane and stopped for the light, about 3 bikes in front of me a couple dumped the bike. They stepped off of the bike and set it back up and off they rode with no damage to the ride. I can only assume he lost it when it came to a complete stop with his passenger on-board. You have to remember that it is a large touring rig and when the bike is stopped she will feel a bit top heavy if you don't pay attention. Over all, after taking the bike down I-270 at 80 MPH in 6th gear, she just floats. A beautiful ride overall.
dwhite28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:49 AM   #143
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Nothing Is New

When I was at Biketoberfest, I saw a couple of Visions tooling around. In person they don't look as bizzare as they do in the photos. It still fails to appeal to me, but I noticed something recently. As I was perusing Bimmers, I came across this bike. It's not that different from the Victory, in fact, if it was painted and chromed to match, it might be hard to tell them apart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BMW Vision.jpg (55.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 11-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #144
vermicious
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Well spotted, indeed in English it is avant-garde. I used it in northern European style (German, Swedish and Finnish) "avantgarde". I believe the english speakers just want to copy the frenchies in the vain hope of appearing sophisticated. Too late I have already seen several episodes of Jerry Springer. I know how you lot are.

- cruiz-euro
Haha, nothing demonstrates open-minded intelligence like making broad sweeping generalizations about an entire nation of people based on a single trashy television show. Well done.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #145
vermicious
Registered Member

dwhite28,

Thanks for adding first-hand experience to the exchange. I'm sure if I were a big touring bike kind of guy and I could get over the way the bike looks I'd be willing to consider it. But as it stands the thing is just too much to look at and way too much to ride for me.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #146
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious View Post
dwhite28,

Thanks for adding first-hand experience to the exchange. I'm sure if I were a big touring bike kind of guy and I could get over the way the bike looks I'd be willing to consider it. But as it stands the thing is just too much to look at and way too much to ride for me.
Too much to ride. Yeah, I can sympathize with that. When I first read the specs on this thing, I guesstimated its wet-weight and the weight of a weekend's-worth of crap, a Significant Other, and my own Fat Ass; then added it all up and the total was something like 1340lbs or so.......
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #147
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Too much to ride. Yeah, I can sympathize with that. When I first read the specs on this thing, I guesstimated its wet-weight and the weight of a weekend's-worth of crap, a Significant Other, and my own Fat Ass; then added it all up and the total was something like 1340lbs or so.......
Dry weight of the new BOSS HOSS 502 is only 1040! What are you waiting for? Ya gonna be a pooossy yer whole life?
Old 11-03-2007, 07:31 PM   #148
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
What are you waiting for? Ya gonna be a pooossy yer whole life?
I refuse to answer that question on grounds it may incriminate me............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote