Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-11-2007, 06:00 PM   #121
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Tell us how you really feel about it........
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2007, 07:29 AM   #122
tshelver
Registered Member

Default Vision? Get some please

So how come you have a report on the overweight, overpriced and overstyled Vision, and you ignore the new Concours 14?

I'm just not old enough (52) for this kind of bike yet, and I suspect that applies to most of your readers.
tshelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:31 AM   #123
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelver View Post
So how come you have a report on the overweight, overpriced and overstyled Vision, and you ignore the new Concours 14?

I'm just not old enough (52) for this kind of bike yet, and I suspect that applies to most of your readers.
I'm old enough for it, but the trouble is that I still see too well.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:50 AM   #124
anrajala
Founding Member

Default tsk tsk longride

Let me get this straight longride. To have credibility on my comments, I have to put my money where my mouth is and buy the machine? Curiously you don’t seem to hold the same criteria to yourself since you seem to be able to comment on hundereds of bikes without buying them.

I see you are a moderator. Do you actually get paid for your mature views? There must be a bit of a shortage of labour over there.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:09 AM   #125
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Let me get this straight longride. To have credibility on my comments, I have to put my money where my mouth is and buy the machine? Curiously you don’t seem to hold the same criteria to yourself since you seem to be able to comment on hundereds of bikes without buying them.

I see you are a moderator. Do you actually get paid for your mature views? There must be a bit of a shortage of labour over there.

- cruiz-euro
Let's go back to your first comment on this thread:

"Ah longride, keeper fo the flame, still holding to the values of more-of-the-same school of thought? As the big baggers go, this actually has some style.

- cruiz-euro"

Remember that stupid comment? Sounds like your comment was that I was an idiot for thinking that the bike looks like an abortion, which is certainly does, and then you say it has such style. Well, I said if you like it so much then go f&cking buy one, to which you replied that you would never buy a bagger, which is another way of saying that your opinion is full of crap. I actually buy motorcycles. I have owned 10 in the last 3 years alone. That makes my opinion worth something, and yours worth nothing, especially if you are stupid enough to direct your crap at me. If you are going to rag on me, then back up your big mouth with action (something you Euros can't do much of these days, eh?) Commenting on a bike is one thing, but you seem to want to comment on me, which is a big mistake for you, because you don't know shyt about motorcycles and less about anything else. Yep, I'm a moderator and you aren't. Between that and living in Europe, it sounds like life sucks for you. If you want to continue looking like a fool, please comment further.
<!-- / message -->
Old 07-16-2007, 08:06 AM   #126
pushrod
Founding Member

HEY!

There's the LongRide I remember!

I was thinking that all that kickin' on that 'Knuck was taking the fire out of him!

I can now face my week with a lightened heart!

As for the Vizzion, I'm gonna start shopping for a "Thor" helmet (y'know, the one with the wings) and an "Admiral Hornblower" set of shoulderboards, and maybe some kneeboots. Oh yeah - need to get some "zoomy" arm chaps, too. And neon. Gotta have a lot of neon.

One cannot be too style-conscious when one rides to Sonic on Wednseday night!
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:42 AM   #127
anrajala
Founding Member

Ah longride I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. My comment on “keeper of the lame” sorry “flame” refers not only to this occasion but to all these years when you have, correct me if I am wrong, shown tendency of preferring traditional design over avantgarde (check wikipedia).

But your logic that my opinion of Victory is crap because I am not going to buy one is infantil. I am not a bagger guy, even if I was this brand is not imported here. I have seen some weak reasoning on this thread but yours takes the bisquit. To follow your logic, which you don’t apply to yourself, I couldn’t comment positively on majority of bikes, Alaska, space travel or JLo’s rear end.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:07 AM   #128
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Ah longride I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. My comment on “keeper of the lame” sorry “flame” refers not only to this occasion but to all these years when you have, correct me if I am wrong, shown tendency of preferring traditional design over avantgarde (check wikipedia).

But your logic that my opinion of Victory is crap because I am not going to buy one is infantil. I am not a bagger guy, even if I was this brand is not imported here. I have seen some weak reasoning on this thread but yours takes the bisquit. To follow your logic, which you don’t apply to yourself, I couldn’t comment positively on majority of bikes, Alaska, space travel or JLo’s rear end.

- cruiz-euro
How do you know what I've shown a 'tradition of"? You don't know shyt about me. I own a Busa right now. Is that 'traditional'? Most would say it isn't, so you are corrected. That would pretty much invalidate everything else you have said so far, so I guess we can conclude you had nothing of value to say. You seem to want to 'prove' something to me all the time, and try real hard to be a somebody here by trying to discount everything I say. The only thing you have proven so far is that you don't know anything about motorcycles and you talk like an idiot. You can't follow my logic, because you can't follow logic at all. You don't have my knowledge, and you don't have my experience, so quit trying to show that you do. You don't have anything to say, so you follow me around like a puppy dog waiting to show how smart you really are, and you come off looking like a moron. I love the 'hurt your feelings' line too. It just goes to show how someone that is so irrelevent here tries so hard to be important. I know I sure lose lots of sleep wondering how you feel about me. Grow up.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:23 AM   #129
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

"correct me if I am wrong, shown tendency of preferring traditional design over avantgarde (check wikipedia)."

You might want to check Wikipedia yourself. The correct usage of the word is: "avant-garde." I wouldn't normally mention something like that, but you did say to correct you if you're wrong.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:38 AM   #130
seruzawa
The Toad

I'm afraid that "avant-garde" doesn't describe this train wreck of a design. Andy Warhol is spinning in his soup can.