Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-06-2007, 12:24 PM   #91
sgray44444
Registered Member

Default Fugly, Goofy, Just Plain Bad!!!

It looks like Yosemite Sam from the front.
Holy cow is that thing UGLY!
It looks like an older goldwing on ACID!
sgray44444 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2007, 12:26 PM   #92
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auphliam View Post
Excuse me? Have you ever seen or been to a Hardly Stealership?

Please!
Sure have......and if you can't ride out with a Harley tourer for less money than this turd, you ain't trying very hard.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #93
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

How much are these things, anyway? HD's most expensive Ultra Glide Classic (not Screamin Eagle) was around $20k.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:12 PM   #94
donaldl
Registered Member

I guess I'm not quite ready for the future. Maybe It'll look better up close.
donaldl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:04 PM   #95
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

"Styling is audacious, almost cartoonish, like something a super-hero might ride."

Another description of the Vision? Nope, a review of the V-Rod when it arrived. Hmm...
Old 07-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #96
pdad13
Founding Member

I've seen these things up close and it's really difficult to say whether they look "better" in the flesh. My frame of reference was so screwed up I couldn't process the comparison.

I always give credit to those who try something different. Kudos to Victory. Maybe we'll be eating our words someday.

But the Vision is butt-ugly to my eyes.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:54 PM   #97
seruzawa
The Toad

Default point taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwatcdr View Post
"Honda got burned nearly to death over their attempt to change the paradigm from I-4s to V-4s."
But the V-4 had some real problems as well. They ate camshafts and it costs a small fortune to adjust the valves on them. The Interceptors did well enough for them and the VFR is still around.
I think Honda buyer are actually the most willing to accept new ideas. The Goldwing's flat four was a HUGE change and was adopted quickly. The reason why is it worked well in that application. Yamaha's V-Max also has a V4 and has a large following. I think Honda's problems with people accepting the V4 had more to do with actual technical issues than with them being new technology.
Yea an I4 from Duacti will probably not go over well but then again the "new" transverse I4s from BMW do seem to be selling well.
I think a lot has to do with the market for the bike as well as how well it really does work.
If the new tech works really well then people will accept it.
PS I am posting this from my Linux workstation.
But Honda solved all those problems after the first couple years and the V-4 sportbike simply couldn't compete with the lighter, less complex and less expensive inlines. Even today a VFR800 costs as much as a SprintST 1050cc.

As I recall Honda grandly announced that the V-4s were the wave of the future. What a lead balloon that was. Of course Honda was huge enough to absorb the losses. The Gold Wing also was not something that Honda expected to make or beak itself with. The GW also was simply a BMW that morphed into a flat four and so was competing in a ready made market segment. It was a brilliant piece of design/marketing.

Victory is treading on thin ice here. There's no ready made Flash Gordon wannabe market segment. Based on that I'd hate to see them disappear and so I do hope enough people do in fact buy these.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:04 PM   #98
chickenman_26
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I think the only thing that 'the demographic' needs to be concerned about with this bike is having someone you know seeing you riding it.
Ergo, "the illusion of being a motorcyclist." Appearing to be a rugged individualist is a hot fashion trend these days.
CM
chickenman_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:20 PM   #99
chickenman_26
Founding Member

Default getting sidetracked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
...Meanwhile, BRP attacks the purity and wholesomeness of motorcycling with their creation from Hell, the Can-Am Spyder;...
Have to respectfully disagree with you on that one, Ken. It doesn't attack motorcycling any more than the original Kawasaki Jet Ski attacked the boating industry. Having recently attended a press intro and written an article on the Spyder, I can tell you it's a real kick to ride (drive?). But it's not a bike, not a trike, and it's not aimed at either crowd.

CM
chickenman_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #100
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Keep in mind, this two wheeled abortion took YEARS to develop, we cannot blame mescaline alone.
I dunno, man. I've known people that stayed high on mescaline for a loooooooong time. After a while they never come down.

Hmmmmm. That might explain it.