Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-30-2007, 12:57 PM   #1
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Chinese Invasion

If you read the news today, one thing becomes painfully clear to most Anglophobes, China is the next big thing. From automobile tires to seafood, China seems to have a monopoly on everything sold here in the good old US of A. We flock, like so many lemmings to the low priced products imported from our bankers in the East.

And, being that we are the biggest consumer market on Earth, one has to figure this penchant for bargain basement goods will eventually cross over into the USA motorcycle market too. But I’ve seen the future, and it ain’t pretty.

Some websites, like this one: New Page 2 evidence China’s quest to challenge the West in all things military, and to eventually overtake the United States and her allies as the dominant power on Earth.

But I see a more insidious plot from our Chinese Communists friends. They want to get us riding stuff like this:

Dirt Bike (Zhejiang Longwise Technology Co., Ltd.,China)

Or this:

Dirt Bike (Zhejiang Longwise Technology Co., Ltd.,China)

Even this:

eBay Motors: Other Makes (item 330135388033 end time Jun-23-07 11:00:00 PDT)

Gee, a 280 lb. Dual Sport, with a forty inch seat height, and 50-inch wheelbase. Did Eric Buell have a hand in this? And with styling that makes a Seeburg Jukebox seem tame by comparison too. Wow, I want a whole 20-foot container full of ‘em!

This reminds me of the early 1960’s, when every Italian motorcycle company from France to Nigeria started to produce cheap, little motorcycles to cash in on the USA bike boom. We bought them by the boatload, and soon every garage had a Moto Moroni or Parilla in it. It didn’t matter if there was no parts availability, or that most had exotic valve trains that went out of adjustment every five miles, we loved ‘em. Until they broke that is. Then one could be purchased all day long for around $75.00.

Is this our fate? Will Americans forgo our sport bikes and cruisers for garishly styled cheap motorcycles that resemble something from a Godzilla movie? I say no! We have to stop this invasion now, before it’s too late.

So join with me in educating the American public on the dangers of buying one of these Chinese wonders. This is just the tip of the spear in the Chinese Communist plot to take over. When we get use to this stuff, a cup o noodles will replace the hamburger, flip-flops will replace sneakers, and our American pastime will go from Baseball to Mah Jong.

It starts with you. Just say no.

Last edited by mscuddy : 07-01-2007 at 09:58 AM. Reason: left out article "the"
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

And did I mention the Chang Jiang too? Oh, i did, sorry...
Old 06-30-2007, 02:21 PM   #3
MadScientistMatt
Founding Member

Now I see why most of the Chinese motorcycle manufacturers just go and rip off other designs rather than trying to be original. Guess it's hard to find good stylists over there.

But hey, Hummer must be doing something right, because "This model is hot sell now!"
MadScientistMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:08 PM   #4
mugwump58
Registered Member

Default That was close!

Sorry I almost posted. It turned into some kind of out of control ranting and raving about capitalism, Walmart, the demise of America once MBA's replaced engineers as CEO's and ended with me laying in a puddle of drool on the key board. Aren't you glad I thought better of it?
Old 06-30-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
Schoon
Founding Member

On a ride today I may have saw one, All we saw for a name was Supermoto.
Schoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

I just look at it this way. All those 'bargain hunters' are my beta testing crew. In a few years the quality (and price) of Chinese bikes will go up. At some point the quality will be comparable to most everyone else's and they'll cost pretty much the same.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #7
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I dunno, they are making some pretty strange stuff that doesn't seem to follow any modern design dictum. Like that dual sport, what a manage of missmatched parts...19 & 16 inch wheels? 40 inch seat hight?

Maybe the party secretary can setal a new CRF450 and copy it to the "T".

Seems I'll be into my 3rd set of teeth before China builds anything that would be acceptabe to most bikers.

Didja cath Red Bud on Speed? Yeah Ricky!