Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2006 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/5210-2006-bmw-r-1200-gs-adventure.html)

Administrator 06-23-2007 09:51 AM

2006 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure
 

Original Article:
2006 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2006 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

vanwagenen 11-13-2007 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by administrator (Post 162681)
Original Article:
2006 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2006 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

I have been shopping for a 1200 GS. It is hard to find a negitive about this bike. I was glad to read that the rider was able to feel comfortable off road so soon. The question I can not find an answer to is which options/ accesories make this bike.
I think you could spend 5K on extras. what are the options that are must have, and boy if you had the money, get this stuff on your list. what did this bike have on it? thanks for the article.

vermicious 11-13-2007 05:47 AM

Well that would be at least one of your un-found negatives... the price.

seruzawa 11-13-2007 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanwagenen (Post 173262)
I have been shopping for a 1200 GS. It is hard to find a negitive about this bike.

It weighs like 600 pounds before any accessories are added.

sarnali2 11-13-2007 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 173267)
It weighs like 600 pounds before any accessories are added.


Yeah but it's a BMW...the weight is carried nice and high

pushrod 11-13-2007 07:33 AM

Why did "Administrator" plant a 17 month-old article?

Computer has a timer, maybe? Gotta post something, even if it's old?

Kenneth_Moore 11-13-2007 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 173272)
Why did "Administrator" plant a 17 month-old article?

Computer has a timer, maybe? Gotta post something, even if it's old?

I believe they are dragging the old MO V1 articles into MO 2.0. Each time they do, it appears as a "new" item.

BrowningBAR 11-13-2007 08:03 AM

You are correct, sir. YES!

Sorry, Ed Mcmahon got a hold of my keyboard for a second...

vermicious 11-13-2007 08:18 AM

Interesting... I seem to have been reduced in rank from "Premium Founding Member" to "Founding Member" -- what gives?

seruzawa 11-13-2007 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 173271)
Yeah but it's a BMW...the weight is carried nice and high

My buddy with the 6 BMWs had an R1150GS. He sold it after a year and bought a plain jane R1100R and fitted it out for adventure touring. He says it's much better in tough going because it is so much lower than the GS. I believe him, having owned heavy high COG bikes myself.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:56 AM.