Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2007 CBF1000 First Ride Report (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/5080-2007-cbf1000-first-ride-report.html)

Administrator 06-21-2007 07:03 AM

2007 CBF1000 First Ride Report

Original Article:
2007 CBF1000 First Ride Report

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2007 CBF1000 First Ride Report in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Buzglyd 06-21-2007 07:28 AM

ZZZzzzz

Kudos to Honda for making a bike that not even the mighty Yosef could get me excited about.

At least the SV1000 makes Vtwin music.

Kenneth_Moore 06-21-2007 07:33 AM

I'm convinced Honda has lost their focus lately. I checked out their dealership and everything there but their dirtbikes. With the possible exception of the Goldwings (and who want's one of those 2-wheeled cars?) most of the bikes looked...cheesy. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but compared to the VFR I bought in 02, the new bikes looked like they were produced in China or something.

seruzawa 06-21-2007 07:43 AM

Careful there pal. You'll awaken the legion of Honda buyers who have invented the fiction of Honda's "superior fit and finish" as a justifier for their purchases of Honda's overpriced bikes.

Now if someone could just find a way to awaken HMC.

xagorari 07-26-2007 11:24 AM

about cbf1000

1 Attachment(s)
i have the cbf1000 for 21000kms
i live in south europe

perfect allround bike
every day use,touring with passenger,torqey and linear motor,combined brakes with abs,easy and secure handling

compared with my friends vfr vtec is not so high-tec beautifull machine but is more comfortable in the city and highways (especially with duo and luggage) with more linear engine and about 3000 euros cheaper

tripleripple 07-26-2007 11:45 AM

Not coming to the U.S. eh? Perhaps because about six people would buy one...and rightfully so.

seruzawa 07-26-2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleripple (Post 166455)
Not coming to the U.S. eh? Perhaps because about six people would buy one...and rightfully so.

Trust Honda to produce a bike that's entirely outclassed by the Bandit and then charge more for it.

tripleripple 07-26-2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 166458)
Trust Honda to produce a bike that's entirely outclassed by the Bandit and then charge more for it.

But the Honda's more reliable dummy. Everybody knows this.

bross 07-19-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xagorari (Post 166446)
i have the cbf1000 for 21000kms
i live in south europe

perfect allround bike
every day use,touring with passenger,torqey and linear motor,combined brakes with abs,easy and secure handling

compared with my friends vfr vtec is not so high-tec beautifull machine but is more comfortable in the city and highways (especially with duo and luggage) with more linear engine and about 3000 euros cheaper

I'd have to agree. I can't speak from experience as I just bought one today, but after 2 demo rides I'm hooked. The CBF will be replacing my BMW R1200RT. No real complaints with the beemer but 33,000kms later I'm ready to try my first 4 cyl bike. I'd just suggest to those who don't think this bike is very good, to ride it. I thought my wifes Bonneville would be a slow pig to ride after looking at the specs, but it's a hoot. So much so that I bought a left over Scrambler which is even slower than her Bonneville. You don't ride spec sheets gentleman and I for one am enjoying these bikes. But I guess I fit into Honda's demographic for the CBF, I'm definitely not looking for that 9/10s performance when I ride especially on a faster bike. I drag pegs on the Scrambler for fun but I'm barely breaking the speed limit. ;-)