Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

View Poll Results: How do you like the New MO format?
I Like It 41 27.15%
I Hate It 95 62.91%
I Don't Care 10 6.62%
I Have No Opinion 5 3.31%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2007, 09:07 AM   #72
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

You were able to do what?
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:13 AM   #73
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleripple View Post
See, I didn't know if you replied to my post or just posted a new post. Had to switch from linear to hybrid mode, then jump through hoops 6, 7, and 8 all while drinking water while standing on my head to find out. Someone with zero knowledge of computers should design the forum.
Also, some say Mencken was a bit dramatic at times. Some also have much wool over their eyes.
-You need to start using your Quick Links button. Click on Quick Links and then go to Today's Posts. It will take you to a list of the most recent posts as they happen throughout the day. This allows you to see who posted what and when. Once you select a post it will take you to that portion of the thread with minimal clicking and thread scrolling. I keep my forum setting to Hybrid so I know where I am at on the forum.

It is completely different than the last forum and the community structure will change. But I think as we all adapt the communication will be just as biting and sarcastically dry as before.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:39 AM   #75
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Testing testing
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:39 AM   #76
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
-You need to start using your Quick Links button. Click on Quick Links and then go to Today's Posts. It will take you to a list of the most recent posts as they happen throughout the day. This allows you to see who posted what and when. Once you select a post it will take you to that portion of the thread with minimal clicking and thread scrolling. I keep my forum setting to Hybrid so I know where I am at on the forum.

It is completely different than the last forum and the community structure will change. But I think as we all adapt the communication will be just as biting and sarcastically dry as before.
--Testing.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #77
BikerMom
Registered Member

Don't like the new forums AT ALL!!! The rest of the site is OK. The old forum format was easy to navigate.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #78
DerkT
Registered Member

Default sounds like the common thread for now

I have to agree with everyone else who's said they don't like the new forum but I think I'll keep playing just the same.

Just a note for the new advertisements: I dig the ebay ad. It's real time and it covers all bikes. I find myself clicking on the ad all the time. Who knows, I might see something I MUST have. I quit going to ebay because I was getting lost in the vast motorcycle listings from parts to manuals to bikes. Of course I was also spending way to much money on all of it too.

derrick
DerkT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:52 AM   #80
Gritboy
Founding Member

The rest of the site is fine, but the forum redesign bites.
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote