Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

View Poll Results: How do you like the New MO format?
I Like It 41 27.15%
I Hate It 95 62.91%
I Don't Care 10 6.62%
I Have No Opinion 5 3.31%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2007, 12:23 PM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Bush's fault!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2007, 12:24 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Oh cripes. I'm suddenly not a founding member any more.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:41 PM   #13
mugwump58
Registered Member

Default It's only been, what, 24 hours?

I'll chalk up my initial dislike to the fact that I don't always take change well. The past 24 hours, I've been on forced leave, use or lose time fed employee's will understand, has given me the opportunity to become more familiar with the site and how it works. Now it's cake...
While the multiple posting sites at first seem to make things too diluted, now it allows me to see only the things I care to and will make it easy to avoid the "poo slinging" should it arise again.Does it seem a bit too busy, yup. But on the whole I like it.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:24 PM   #14
cyclesteve
Registered Member

Default Im confused

I apparently am not smart enough to get all the benifits MO 2.0 prommised.
cyclesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:35 PM   #15
bbtowns
Founding Member

Default Me like dinosaur MO

The colors and graphics keep distracting me from writing my scathing review. Actually the articles are just as handy as they ever were, but I used to like getting the top forum articles on the front page, a quick glance told me whether I had anything sarcastic to add.
My main concern is that I already have a bunch of sites I go to for an unlimited number of topics and forums, MO was good for the community of cranks who would comment on the limited amount of material we had. If I want to check out 40 different forum topics on a site I'll stick with ADV. However for those who don't have other motorcycle communities in their lives, this might be better. For me, I'm not saying don't make changes, but making it like every other board isn't why I've been paying the whopping some of $11.94 a year for MO.
Regardless I wish MO well, but for it to earn my subscription after these 5-6 years of being along for the ride, the content is going to have to be outstanding.
bbtowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:40 PM   #16
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Love Hate

Words cannot describe my love hate for the new MO.
jmdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:44 PM   #17
bbtowns
Founding Member

Cool Where are the MOron's with no opinion

I guess that's an oxyMOron. How could I get 257 posts since June 2007, and still be a founding member. I can rattle on at the mouth, but 257 this month seems high, even for me. I haven't said that many words to my wife in June.
Seven years from now don't go changing this format, this is all the change I can manage to swallow in this lifetime. I've got you booked for next lifetime though, change away, I'm coming back as an umbrella girl anyway (some say not so great a change).
And damnit, I'm selecting an emoticon, cause words can't quite express my feelings as clearly as an emoticon can.
bbtowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:45 PM   #18
naco_traficante
Registered Member

I don't seem to see a HOME button so I can start over.
I would like to have seen more creativity in the layout other than the flat poster-style in screaming red everywhere.
Maybe a home page with some javascript so some areas expand if you roll over them, or maybe a home page that looks like motorcycle controls and gages, or departments arranged as billboards along a twisty road ...?
The result just seems pretty average considering all the time availible to plan it.
Seems like the forum text is cramped even when I play with the thread controls.
I DO really like the ignore list. Peace at last.
naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:02 PM   #19
SmokeU
Registered Member

eh, I like the old forums better and found the old site entirely easier to navigate. Still, the change is only a day old and I'm sure some of it is my resistance to change and MO's growing pains.

I'm going to hold off on final judgement for a while.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:02 PM   #20
Fenton
Founding Member

I'm with bbtowns on the ADV site comment. I end up in 3-4 forums there and miss the rest. The old MO force fed you one news item after another and as it passed through Moron gauntlet you could decide to participate of not.

Could we set the clock to some US time please
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote