Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

View Poll Results: How do you like the New MO format?
I Like It 41 27.15%
I Hate It 95 62.91%
I Don't Care 10 6.62%
I Have No Opinion 5 3.31%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #91
sprchkn
Registered Member

Thumbs down

I'm not a real big fan of the new layout or the forum. I liked how fast it loaded before without the Javascript crap even on old computers where now it's almost as slow as Ducati.ms. I'm also kind of peeved about splitting the article over multiple pages whereas the old ones were simply one long page.

I'd rather have a more traditional forum without the tree view instead of having to navigate through this one, as it is I'm having such a frustrating time waiting for each page to load that it isn't worth it. I've found the printer friendly function the easiest way to view all the post in a thread, but I still lose the tree information that was in the original MO. I didn't participate much, but it was fun to read.

I'm waiting for the promised improvements regarding content - if that isn't impressive I'll be putting this money towards a print magazine.
sprchkn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2007, 08:02 AM   #92
ccd3
Founding Member

Suzuki sent out a press release yesterday regarding the release of the new Hayabusa and B-King. Seems like this (or any) model introduction should make news on MO. I mean- how hard is it to cut and paste a press release...

Of course- it may well be buried in this site somewhere.. who knows.

I was open minded- now I think I'll just get my news somewhere else.

Was a great ride while it lasted.
ccd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:22 AM   #93
srbisch
Registered Member

Default last on current news

the suzuki release demonstrates the continued lag in reporting the latest news. would like to make this my one stop site for all m/c info but it is still not good enough.
srbisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:31 PM   #95
rmcnelly
Registered Member

I hate it.

How come the old reviews no longer have the ability to enlarge the pics? This makes the dyno graphs worthless.
rmcnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:52 PM   #96
lwatcdr
Founding Member

Default Problems with the site.

1 It seems a little slow loading.
2. I really hate sites that don't use all the screen. I really don't need that white or in this case tan space on the sides. I would rather have more text on the screen.
3. This is more a professional thing but you should have a custom 404 page set in the .htaccess file. It just looks better.
4. More advice for people buying used bikes. I would be nice to have a best buys and reliability information.
5. Get ride of those tan side bars.
6. Did I mention how much I really hate those tan side bars?
lwatcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:49 AM   #97
jeffie
Founding Member

Default too bad

Looks like some design intern got a hold of some 2003 turnkey community website service package and had not taken any design courses yet.

Please, with all the user-centered design folks out there I don't understand how you could have ended up with such a cluttered, aesthetically offensive, distracting motorcycle 'portal from hell' like this.

Look up graphic arts guidelines on use of white space, fonts, and color pallets.

I guess I'll try to work through it as I like MO content but it is a real investment...

I miss the elegant-sparse-easy to read old MO.

How about giving us a choice? Feed us the components (feature, forums, etc) single page without this circa 2001 frame nightmare?
jeffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:40 PM   #98
Wheelskid
Registered Member

Unhappy I came to love MO for easy access to INFO, not GRAPHIX

Really, it seems MO has been redesigned to be newer, not better. And contrary to what advertisers and marketers want us to believe, newer and better and not synonymous terms.

For example, what the hell happened to manufacturer's row?! Contrary to MO claims, reviews are not "easier than ever to find."

Why do I have to dig through "Others" just because I want to read about Moto Guzzi or Bimota or whatever else is not deemed worthy of top billing? At least with the old alphabetically listing no one was playing favorites. Would it kill them to offer a search parameter so I don't have to wade through Husqvarna, Vespa, MuZ, etcetera, just to get to an old Guzzi review?

The reviews on manufacturer's row were the number one reason I maintained a subscription, however I no longer feel so compelled. I used to be able to get in quick and read old or new reviews, do a little research, you know. Now MO is like many other craptacular sites where I expend nearly as much mental energy ignoring eye candy (so I can focus on content) as I do reading content. MO is like them except the others are free.

I don't want to get into critiquing the new layout from a design and information architecture standpoint, but, cripes, at least MO should allow themselves the dignity of having their masthead larger than paid advertising at the top of the page. Sheesh.

M.
Wheelskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:46 PM   #99
gceaves
Registered Member

I listen to the Kinks' version of "Lola" and I dream of the old MO 1.0.

-gceaves
Portland, OR
1996 Yamaha AJ 600s "Seca II"
gceaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:41 PM   #100
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gceaves View Post
I listen to the Kinks' version of "Lola" and I dream
in a bed it's a man, and so is Lola... L O L A Lola..

Hmm.. I must be thinking about some other part of the song.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote