Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Triumph Thruxton 900 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/4967-triumph-thruxton-900-a.html)

Administrator 06-19-2007 09:18 PM

Triumph Thruxton 900

Original Article:
Triumph Thruxton 900

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Triumph Thruxton 900 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

RonE 02-28-2008 11:35 AM

I'm the happy owner of a Thruxton (along with six other bikes), and my only comment regarding the lack of power (along with the lack of apparent willingness to rev) is this: I've installed just two performance mods on my Thrux, those being a set of aftermarket shocks and the Triumph 'offroad' mufflers. The shocks are somewhat self-explanatory, as the OEM's are junk. But it was obvious to me that Triumph tuned this thing for the 'offroad' mufflers. Not only did it bump the dyno numbers significantly (to 68 rwhp and 52 lb-ft); but the thing now SLAMS into the 8100 RPM limitter in every gear (including top cog).

Fun bike indeed!

- Ron E.

longride 02-28-2008 11:42 AM

I hope you aren't riding it on the road with those mufflers, because that would be illegal.

Kenneth_Moore 02-28-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 179683)
I hope you aren't riding it on the road with those mufflers, because that would be illegal.

And if you're doing it with a child under the age of 12, it's a felony, punishable by a minimum $5,000 fine and 3 years in prison.

longride 02-28-2008 12:43 PM

Hell, the way things are going it will soon be a felony to cut your toenails!

sarnali2 02-28-2008 01:03 PM

I had one for a short time, it was a kick in the butt. Unfortunatly it was a kick in the neck and a kick in the knees as well reminding me daily that I'm not a skinny 21 year old anymore. I sold the bike with heavy heart because it really was a blast to ride but it was much to small for my size body, for a smaller person it would be totally cool

seruzawa 02-28-2008 01:11 PM

Oh cripes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 179686)
And if you're doing it with a child under the age of 12, it's a felony, punishable by a minimum $5,000 fine and 3 years in prison.

I didn't notice that that jerk wants to make it a FELONY. For risky behavior? A FELONY? Is that what we've come to? How about 5 years in prison for taking your 10 year old skiing?

A know that the word 'fascist' gets used too much to mean anything any more, but if the shoe fits. The Bennett character is one vicious piece of work isn't he?

It's been predicted that if America ever became a fascist nation it would be with a smile and "for our own good". Those predictions were correct.

I wasn't going to waste my time e-mailing that c********r because I'm not in his district but now I'm gonna let him know just how unjust such cruel and unusual punishment is. I'll even contribute a few bucks to his opponent if he's running for re-election. F****** Nazi.

longride 02-28-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 179697)
I had one for a short time, it was a kick in the butt. Unfortunatly it was a kick in the neck and a kick in the knees as well reminding me daily that I'm not a skinny 21 year old anymore. I sold the bike with heavy heart because it really was a blast to ride but it was much to small for my size body, for a smaller person it would be totally cool

I would suggest going to the gym.........but.........you know...........

seruzawa 02-28-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 179701)

I was going to suggest that even Goldwings are too small for his size body but I decided to be a nice guy instead.

sarnali2 02-28-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 179701)

Yeah well the fridge is closer and I don't have to worry about all them little hotties eyeballin' my manly package and getting all frisky....