Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Wrenching with Rob--Chemical Soup: The Meaning of Gas. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/4748-wrenching-rob-chemical-soup-meaning-gas.html)

Administrator 06-19-2007 08:05 AM

Wrenching with Rob--Chemical Soup: The Meaning of Gas.

Original Article:
Wrenching with Rob--Chemical Soup: The Meaning of Gas.

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Wrenching with Rob--Chemical Soup: The Meaning of Gas. in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

jindi 07-31-2009 03:07 AM

cocamidopropyl betaine

Cocamidopropyl betaine is a synthetic surfactant derived from coconut oil and dimethylaminopropylamine.It is a zwitterionic

chemical compound with a quaternary ammonium cation. It is a viscous pale yellow transparent liquid and is used as a surfactant in

bath products such as shampoos and hand soaps, and in cosmetics as an emulsifying agent and thickener, and to reduce irritation

purely ionic surfactants would cause. It also serves as an antistatic agent in hair conditioners.

Cocamidopropyl betaine is a derivate of cocamide and glycine betaine (a form of betaine). See cocamide for the discussion of the

length of carbon chain in the molecule.

Cocamidopropyl betaine is a medium strength surfactant which most often does not irritate skin or mucous membranes. That said,

some studies indicate it is an allergen. It also has antiseptic properties, making it suitable for personal sanitary products. It is

compatible with other cationic, anionic, and nonionic surfactants .camidopropyl betaine to a significant degree has replaced

cocamide cocamidopropyl betaine Cocamidopropyl betaine is the active

ingredient in Johnson & Johnson's Baby wash

pushrod 07-31-2009 06:35 AM

Now that 'jindi' is off the 'soap' box -

I'd like to give props to MO for posting an interesting article that contains information that may actually have value to Joe Motorcyclist.

The only thing to add is that the pedigree of the fuel in the corner gas stations' tanks may be impossible to determine.

Oh, and 'plug reading' has become a very inexact science, what with the additives in street fuels nowadays.

seruzawa 07-31-2009 06:48 AM

"Other oxygen-bearing fuels, besides the alcohols and nitromethanes, such as the new ELF fuel, will also produce slightly more power once the bike is rejetted. However, at $15.00 to $20.00 at gallon for the fuel the reportedly minor (1% - 2%) improvement is hardly worth the cost for the average racer. "

True, but I bet that guy who thinks a Bandit1250 isn't powerful enough will be buying some.

sarnali2 07-31-2009 07:04 AM

[quote=seruzawa;220451
True, but I bet that guy who thinks a Bandit1250 isn't powerful enough will be buying some.[/QUOTE]

Those Bandit's are kittens.....I let my daughter ride mine and she almost fell asleep......

SmokeU 07-31-2009 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 220456)
Those Bandit's are kittens.....I let my daughter ride mine and she almost fell asleep......

There are free kittens down the road. I wonder if they have a Bandit in the mix.

sarnali2 07-31-2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeU (Post 220459)
There are free kittens down the road. I wonder if they have a Bandit in the mix.

you can tell by the little black masks over their eyes.....

SmokeU 07-31-2009 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 220465)
you can tell by the little black masks over their eyes.....

Ooo...I'll have to check it out. My daughter would love one.