Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-28-2007, 08:42 AM   #281
mrpolish
Registered Member

Just found the site and it looks great!! I love how easy it is to find exactly what i'm looking for!

The forums look great too!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2007, 11:13 AM   #282
cheesethief
Registered Member

Well I never saw the old one so no comparison here
cheesethief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #283
Mike_L
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
Chalk me up as one that's less than thrilled with the new MO. I've been trying to give myself time to get used to it, but there's no getting used to missing features. I used to visit MO weekly to dig up stats or dyno charts from previous articles, now the process is so complicated I usually give up and head over to sportrider.com.

For example, today I wanted to look at a dyno chart from an RC51, which I know you guys tested back in '04 or '05 sometime. I click on "honda" from the manufacturer's section, then click "view all honda reviews" and scroll through the list looking for the RC51 review. Of course, using that method the newest RC51 review you will find is from the first ride back in 2000. Then I remember that the RC51 review I'm looking for has multiple bikes in it, and you guys call multi-bike reviews shoot outs and quarantine all shoot outs in a separate section of the site where they cannot be sorted by manufacturer. So, I click on the "shoot outs" link, then click on the "sportbikes" link, then scroll through the list of shoot outs where I have to guess at which shoot out contains the RC51 because the links in the shoot out section don't list which bikes are in each shoot out. After a couple tries I guess the right shoot out, it was the 2004 Open Class shoot out. When I get to the shoot out I scroll down to the thumbnail of each bike and click on the RC51 picture because I thought I remembered that being a link to the specs on each bike in the old MO, but what do I get this time? Nothing. The thumbnail isn't a link at all, it's just a static 67x100px jpeg that goes nowhere. So then I click the next page button 5 times, because the dyno charts are usually at the end of the article and there is no "last page" link. When I get to the last page I scroll down and find the dyno chart I'm looking for, click on it to enlarge it, but wait . . . nothing happens yet again. The thumbnail of a dyno chart also isn't a link, it's just a static 133x83px jpeg that goes nowhere. I then start searching around the page for a "pictures" link, but it's nowhere to be found. The best I can find is a link to the videos of bikes being run on the dyno, but no actual dyno chart. So where does that leave me? Off to sportrider.com to find the data I'm looking for.

Really guys, I'm sure all the pretty colors and flashing ads on the new layout are just perfect for some people, but for us dorks who just want to read about motorcycles it's a royal pain. Could you provide a link to the old layout for us "premium founding members" who were actually here before you required us to be members in the first place?

Thanks.

Just an update, sportrider.com has apparently hired someone from this modern "remove all the content and replace it with bright colors" school of web design and trashed their website too, so now you don't suck any more than they do. Apparently we're expected to go purchase and test motorcycles on our own to get data.

Seriously guys, just fix the links to the pictures and dyno charts. It can't possibly be that difficult. What is the deal? Is it too late to get a refund for my subscription?
'98 KTM 250 E/XC
'99 Z50R
'01 XR100R (wife's toy)
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:50 AM   #284
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

A bit more patience, everyone! We're working on getting clickable photos in our stories. A search function is another item near the top of our priority list.

The delay is because of the launches of some important new sites in the our powersports family: Snowmobile.com, ATV.com and Personal Watercraft.com. Once the latter is launched, the tech team will get back to making improvements to MO.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #285
quickkent
Founding Member

So here I am, lurking and waiting for more!

Still can't understand why I am not remembered and have to sign in with a really hard to remember password every time I stop by. I still think that I am famous, just looking for the respect I deserve. (Gee...lots of I's going on here) ((well it really is all about me!)).

Other than me, how about more about Motorcycles?
quickkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:40 PM   #286
jcutrer
Registered Member

Doesn't seem like much is going on here lately. What forums are active with Riders?
jcutrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:55 AM   #287
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcutrer View Post
Doesn't seem like much is going on here lately. What forums are active with Riders?
They change daily. Select "Forums" at the top and then "New Posts." You'll start to follow the threads that pop up and get new posts easily that way.

BTW: Motorcycle.com got a mention in this month's American Motorcyclist (the official publication of the AMA). It just said the site was here since the beginning of time and that Mr. Duke was Editor. Not one word about Longride.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #288
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
BTW: Motorcycle.com got a mention in this month's American Motorcyclist (the official publication of the AMA). It just said the site was here since the beginning of time and that Mr. Duke was Editor. Not one word about Longride.
I couldn't have LR steal any of my spotlight, so I made sure AmMo left out LR!

But LR can't complain much. We're getting him an '09 Harley to ride to Sturgis for MO this year!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #289
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
I couldn't have LR steal any of my spotlight, so I made sure AmMo left out LR!

But LR can't complain much. We're getting him an '09 Harley to ride to Sturgis for MO this year!
Damn, I have got to get better looking!

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 07-16-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:56 PM   #290
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Damn, I have got to get better looking!
That, or a better Agent..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote