Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-12-2007, 01:11 PM   #271
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Yep, that was little ol' me on "Super Bikes." It was a fun day the show's producers set up especially for this show, so it's nothing the public can take part in. Please check out my blog for a little bit of a behind the scenes peek at how the day went: http://www.motorcycle.com/blogs/index.html

Thanks again for your support.

kd
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #272
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Yep, that was little ol' me on "Super Bikes." It was a fun day the show's producers set up especially for this show, so it's nothing the public can take part in. Please check out my blog for a little bit of a behind the scenes peek at how the day went: http://www.motorcycle.com/blogs/index.html

Thanks again for your support.

kd
Cool! Thanks for the link.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:07 PM   #273
rebel415
Registered Member

Default Refund

Are refunds being offered for people who subscribed back in January of this year before the site went to a free site. If so can anyone point me in the right direction and/or explain the advantage to being a premium member. I have not been to this site for many months. I came here tonight and have been searching for hours on a dial up connection and cannot get anywhere on this site to get the answers. In my extensive searching I saw where someone referred to a Refund forum. I cannot locate that anywhere.
Thanks for your help.
Sammy
rebel415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #274
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Rebel, to save your dial-up connection from overloading, I've copied and pasted the explanation about MO 2.0's new format for subscribers from earlier in this thread:

As for the differentiation between levels of members in the Forum, it's like this:

Founding Member: Was at one point a MO subscriber.
Premium Founding Member: Was a current MO subscriber at the time of MO 2 launch.
Premium Member: Someone who subscribed post-MO 2 launch.

Past subscribers (Founding Members) receive a Founding Member tag/medallion, a large avatar, a signature image, a custom user title and a private storage space where they can store up to 500 messages.

Existing subscribers (whether Premium Founding Member or Premium Member) get the all the stuff above plus a bunch of other goodies:

- Unique MO Member Name
- Higher res pics and video
- Exclusive content features
- MO vendor and merchandise discounts
- MO newsletter with special offers
- Premium Member tag
- Premium Member forum access
- Soon, a motorcycle.com email address

The only difference in status between a Premium Founding Member and a Premium Member is that a non-Founding reader doesn't get the Founding Member forum tag.
----------------------------------
Scroll down to the bottom of any page and you'll find a "Contact Us" link in the right-hand corner of the page. That's where you should go if you are thinking about asking for a refund. Hope this helps!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:02 AM   #275
rebel415
Registered Member

Default Thanks

Thanks Kevin very much for the help and also thanks to Jim who emailed me as well. You both gave me the info I needed. Great site.

Sammy
rebel415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:07 AM   #276
acecycleins
Founding Member

Kev- You may now operate what most consider a free site I still find it worth the measly funds to enjoy all the regular players jibes and jabs when we get wound up on a thread. It makes me feel "special", too . There are some that want to whine over such a trivial thing- for those "Why did you join in the first place?"
Old 10-12-2007, 09:24 AM   #277
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel415 View Post
Thanks Kevin very much for the help and also thanks to Jim who emailed me as well. You both gave me the info I needed. Great site.

Sammy
Glad to help, Sammy. Hope you stick around with your MO buddies!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:26 AM   #278
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Kev- You may now operate what most consider a free site I still find it worth the measly funds to enjoy all the regular players jibes and jabs when we get wound up on a thread. It makes me feel "special", too . There are some that want to whine over such a trivial thing- for those "Why did you join in the first place?"
It's readers like you that are the core of MO's existence - glad to have you with us!
Old 10-24-2007, 05:23 AM   #279
Mike_L
Registered Member

Chalk me up as one that's less than thrilled with the new MO. I've been trying to give myself time to get used to it, but there's no getting used to missing features. I used to visit MO weekly to dig up stats or dyno charts from previous articles, now the process is so complicated I usually give up and head over to sportrider.com.

For example, today I wanted to look at a dyno chart from an RC51, which I know you guys tested back in '04 or '05 sometime. I click on "honda" from the manufacturer's section, then click "view all honda reviews" and scroll through the list looking for the RC51 review. Of course, using that method the newest RC51 review you will find is from the first ride back in 2000. Then I remember that the RC51 review I'm looking for has multiple bikes in it, and you guys call multi-bike reviews shoot outs and quarantine all shoot outs in a separate section of the site where they cannot be sorted by manufacturer. So, I click on the "shoot outs" link, then click on the "sportbikes" link, then scroll through the list of shoot outs where I have to guess at which shoot out contains the RC51 because the links in the shoot out section don't list which bikes are in each shoot out. After a couple tries I guess the right shoot out, it was the 2004 Open Class shoot out. When I get to the shoot out I scroll down to the thumbnail of each bike and click on the RC51 picture because I thought I remembered that being a link to the specs on each bike in the old MO, but what do I get this time? Nothing. The thumbnail isn't a link at all, it's just a static 67x100px jpeg that goes nowhere. So then I click the next page button 5 times, because the dyno charts are usually at the end of the article and there is no "last page" link. When I get to the last page I scroll down and find the dyno chart I'm looking for, click on it to enlarge it, but wait . . . nothing happens yet again. The thumbnail of a dyno chart also isn't a link, it's just a static 133x83px jpeg that goes nowhere. I then start searching around the page for a "pictures" link, but it's nowhere to be found. The best I can find is a link to the videos of bikes being run on the dyno, but no actual dyno chart. So where does that leave me? Off to sportrider.com to find the data I'm looking for.

Really guys, I'm sure all the pretty colors and flashing ads on the new layout are just perfect for some people, but for us dorks who just want to read about motorcycles it's a royal pain. Could you provide a link to the old layout for us "premium founding members" who were actually here before you required us to be members in the first place?

Thanks.
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:06 PM   #280
ptschett
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Glad to hear the many positive comments, gang! We've obviously done some things right. For those who aren't crazy about the new design, we're listening to your comments and evaluating them. A combination of a few weeks of acclimatization to the new look and some evolutionary tweaks to the site will hopefully result in many happy viewers.

Thanks again for tuning in. We really do care about you and want to create the best possible online experience for everyone.
I have to say that even after these few months, I'm not happy with the new design.

My leading pet peeve is the page width. I have a widescreen laptop whose width is not useful for this site, because the maximum width of the content section is about 50% of what I can get for a window width. It looks like the relationship between the gray left bar, white content area, and red right bar is locked in.

Another is the "remember me" login option, which seems not to work at all.

My third is the color scheme. The red bar on the right side really bothers me compared to forums like klr650.net or allpar.com where the color scheme can be more neutral. To read this forum comfortably I find I need to make my browser window much narrower than I would ordinarily want it so that I don't have to see the red bar.