Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-22-2007, 01:01 PM   #221
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

--That bus nailed me! Never got the chance to jump out of the way on that one...
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2007, 01:33 PM   #222
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Keep going, gang. We're listening!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:05 PM   #223
zenjim
Registered Member

There's no SEARCH function in any section other than the Forums. If I wanted to lookup "Dainese" to see if you reviewed a jacket, for example, I'd be screwed. All that wonderful content and no way to access it...
Old 06-22-2007, 04:18 PM   #224
paulmoran
Founding Member

is there any explanation of the diff between a "Founding Member" and a "Premium Founding Member" ...cause i pay my subscription, and wanna be a Premium Founding Member ... assuming it unlocks some door to the special room .......... ?
paulmoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:52 PM   #225
Fugaziiv
Founding Member

looks good...
Fugaziiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:29 AM   #226
DowntownRR
Registered Member

Hi all

How do I change my account to premium account?
DowntownRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:42 AM   #227
downtown_1
Registered Member

OK. I found out! and also found my old user name.

Thanks.
downtown_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:05 PM   #228
DerkT
Registered Member

schizuki's post said:

"In a closed thread somewhere else in this forum chaos, BrowningBAR said:

"You need to start using your Quick Links button. Click on Quick Links and then go to Today's Posts. It will take you to a list of the most recent posts as they happen throughout the day. This allows you to see who posted what and when. Once you select a post it will take you to that portion of the thread with minimal clicking and thread scrolling. I keep my forum setting to Hybrid so I know where I am at on the forum."

And you consider this as simple as the previous system which required no "quick links" buttons or extra clicking at all? Sorry, but you're going to run out of lipstick long before you cover this pig.

"It is completely different than the last forum and the community structure will change."

There will be no community. Just lots of people posting their own thoughts but not interacting with others because it's not worth the trouble to click through all of the posts. Just people talking past each other. I repeat, I don't know what's going on with 90% of this thread, because it's not worth the goddamn work to read them.

"But I think as we all adapt the communication will be just as biting and sarcastically dry as before."

We got to know each other before. It will be nearly impossible to do that now. No inside jokes, no ongoing funny discussions... ain't gonna happen. These forums will be dull as dishwater.

It's been five days. Is there an entertaining news thread going on somewhere? On the old site, we were all in the same place (the top three threads of the news, which required a whopping three clicks to read EVERYTHING). I got a laugh every day. Can't say the same for this week. You?"
--------------------------------------------------
And I say I'm with you schizuki! Not that you'll ever see this or that if you do that I'll eversee your reply.

The old forum was great for exactly the reasonsyou state. I don't even realize why someone thought this new format would be acceptable to our community. Or what was our community.

Derrick
DerkT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:41 PM   #229
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Oh, I dunno, Derrick. I use the "New Posts" button and that brings up the threads that people have actually posted to since I was last here. When I'm done, I click on the "Mark threads read" button. That way, when I next visit and hit the new posts button, I don't get any reruns. I can read everything new, or at least everything new that has any interest to me. I don't miss a thing, and I can respond to anyone just as I did before.

One thing we have noticed is that the new format seems to be encouraging new people to post, and that's a good thing, don't you think?

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #230
DerkT
Registered Member

Default i'll give it a chance but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
Oh, I dunno, Derrick. I use the "New Posts" button and that brings up the threads that people have actually posted to since I was last here. When I'm done, I click on the "Mark threads read" button. That way, when I next visit and hit the new posts button, I don't get any reruns. I can read everything new, or at least everything new that has any interest to me. I don't miss a thing, and I can respond to anyone just as I did before.

One thing we have noticed is that the new format seems to be encouraging new people to post, and that's a good thing, don't you think?
I agree with schizuki that it does not foster the same community feel the previous board had.

Thanks for the tip sachi. I have tried it and will give the new forum a chance. But to make a weak analogy: The R1 may be one of the most fun, advanced and feature filled sportbikes on the planet but a seven year old Road King is still my ride of choice for most riding situations and conditions.

derrick
DerkT is offline   Reply With Quote