Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-22-2007, 02:17 AM   #211
paulmoran
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
I like the new look so far. Thanks for updating and including subscribing members with additional feature function.

what additional stuff do we get ?? i must have missed something ?
paulmoran is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2007, 05:22 AM   #212
naco_traficante
Registered Member

Unhappy Time Warp

I just logged in, clicked on QuickLinks->Today'sPosts and get a page with topics like "First Ride Aprilla RST1000 Futura" and "1997 Yamaha Road Star".
Then I clicked on NewPosts button and got the same stories.
I can't even find stuff that I was reading yesterday but I'm still poking around...
naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 07:18 AM   #213
naco_traficante
Registered Member

OH. Now I am seeing new(er) stories. The list that I saw is still there but yesterday's stories are starting to appear at the top as people post more today. That is very confusing if yesterday's stories age completely off the NewPosts every 24 hours and all that is left is that block of ancient stories. I suppose I am still expecting the MO-1 (or shall we call it MO-classic ?) completely chronological listing of stories at all times.
If you guys want to get hits on this site then you need to get the Forum a lot more user-friendly. It was the reason users came to the old MO, primarily to BS and chat. Everything else is secondary.
naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:32 AM   #214
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

We're working on several issues, guys! Stay tuned.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:29 AM   #215
zenjim
Registered Member

There are way too many broken links. I don't know if you guys are constantly makeing real time changes to production, but there's a lot of bad links that are different day to day. And I'm using a standard Wintel box with the latest IE browser.
www.motorcycle.com comes up but with the formatting all skewed to the left - even after refresh.
<<http://www.motorcycle.com/index.html>> is a dead link, which is what you get when you click on the masthead.

Other dead links on the main page: Products, aprilia, triumph, ktm, suzuki, and honda.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:30 AM   #216
zenjim
Registered Member

Arrgh, see it's even frustrating that I can't write down the link without it getting stripped.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:33 AM   #217
zenjim
Registered Member

And I agree with a lot of other people. The forum is worse than before. You don't have to be old and feeble to have a hard time getting around anymore. There are way too many categories and sub categories. You don't even need the subcategories unless you're expecting the readership to increase 4000%.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:34 AM   #218
zenjim
Registered Member

Display modes doesn't work.
Jesus I'm going to have to start working now. Thanks for nothin MO!
Old 06-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #219
schizuki
Founding Member

Default BrowningBAR sez...

In a closed thread somewhere else in this forum chaos, BrowningBAR said:

"You need to start using your Quick Links button. Click on Quick Links and then go to Today's Posts. It will take you to a list of the most recent posts as they happen throughout the day. This allows you to see who posted what and when. Once you select a post it will take you to that portion of the thread with minimal clicking and thread scrolling. I keep my forum setting to Hybrid so I know where I am at on the forum."

And you consider this as simple as the previous system which required no "quick links" buttons or extra clicking at all? Sorry, but you're going to run out of lipstick long before you cover this pig.

"It is completely different than the last forum and the community structure will change."

There will be no community. Just lots of people posting their own thoughts but not interacting with others because it's not worth the trouble to click through all of the posts. Just people talking past each other. I repeat, I don't know what's going on with 90% of this thread, because it's not worth the goddamn work to read them.

"But I think as we all adapt the communication will be just as biting and sarcastically dry as before."

We got to know each other before. It will be nearly impossible to do that now. No inside jokes, no ongoing funny discussions... ain't gonna happen. These forums will be dull as dishwater.

It's been five days. Is there an entertaining news thread going on somewhere? On the old site, we were all in the same place (the top three threads of the news, which required a whopping three clicks to read EVERYTHING). I got a laugh every day. Can't say the same for this week. You?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:00 PM   #220
Buzglyd
Founding Member

The easiest way I've found so far is to mark all forums read and then click on New Posts instead of Today's Posts. There's a lot less to scroll through that way.

But yeah I agree with the rest of it. We should have news topics in chronological order so we can all fight in the same room.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote