Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-20-2007, 09:03 AM   #171
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
And if they want to scold the boys about looking at pretty girls ... well, they've got husbands, boyfriends, sons, bosses and co-workers to hector. They don't need to do it here, too.
I don't care about looking. That's normal enough (as you said). It's the emphasis on the home page that I think is misplaced. And as I said, the voting (for goddess's sake) ought to die an early death.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2007, 09:15 AM   #172
zenjim
Registered Member

Exclamation

One more item, not sure if this is the responsibility of MO or not. My homepage is my.yahoo. I am able to select motorcycle.com as one of the news headline sources along with LA Times, Reuters, Big Booty Babes, etc.
Since the change, it is asking me for a network login. When I input my MO login, I am redirected to Basketball Forum - NBA & College Basketball Forums which, strangely enough is a basketball forum. Being a Celtics fan, I can do without a constant reminder that we haven't won the championship since 1986 when I was arrested for D&D at the rally in City Hall Plaza. But I digress...
I think the issue is that the Motorcycle.com link is Basketball Forum - NBA & College Basketball Forums. If you or Yahoo can change that we should be good to go. End users like me cannot do that as far as I can tell.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:18 AM   #173
zenjim
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjim View Post
One more item, not sure if this is the responsibility of MO or not. My homepage is my.yahoo. I am able to select motorcycle.com as one of the news headline sources along with LA Times, Reuters, Big Booty Babes, etc.
Since the change, it is asking me for a network login. When I input my MO login, I am redirected to Basketball Forum - NBA & College Basketball Forums which, strangely enough is a basketball forum. Being a Celtics fan, I can do without a constant reminder that we haven't won the championship since 1986 when I was arrested for D&D at the rally in City Hall Plaza. But I digress...
I think the issue is that the Motorcycle.com link is Basketball Forum - NBA & College Basketball Forums. If you or Yahoo can change that we should be good to go. End users like me cannot do that as far as I can tell.
AHA! I printed the URL <news2.motorcycle.com>, but the sight name is showing up in the forum thread.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:19 AM   #174
zenjim
Registered Member

Exclamation

Quick Reply button does not work.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:22 AM   #175
Rubble
Founding Member

Drop the extremely juvenile Motorcycle Babes and get on with what I subscribed for.

Rub

PS The new look is nice.
Rubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:34 AM   #176
testcase
Founding Member

Yes, yes, bring on the avalanche of new articles!
testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:39 AM   #177
mugwump58
Registered Member

Default I can live without it

I can live without the Babes thing. If that's what you're after there are way better places to be looking. Besides I'm all for promoting more women riding and being comfortable with the whole motorcycle scene. It's better to ride 1 and 1 than 2 up.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:40 AM   #178
mugwump58
Registered Member

He said looking at his avatar.......
Old 06-20-2007, 10:11 AM   #179
Nem
Registered Member

Cool!

The articles' text could spread a bit wider, though.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:16 AM   #180
Nem
Registered Member

And the "hybrid" and "threaded" modes don't seem that much different. I see the difference, obviously, but I'd say the threaded mode would be better as the way it used to be, not reduced to a small scroll-able box.

Good work though!
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote