Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Welcome to the brand-spankin' new MO 2.0! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4638)

Casey_Daniel 06-20-2007 05:17 AM

Awesome

I'm sorry I ever had any doubt. I feel like the poor bastard who thinks his wife is cheating on him when all she's doing is sneaking around trying to buy a new motorcycle as a suprise.

gsp 06-20-2007 06:14 AM

Just testing...

Howdy! Hmm... nothing to say right now... just checking stuff out.

willryu 06-20-2007 06:48 AM

Ack. I got so used to the 1994, "I'm just beginning HTML" look, this change makes me blink blink blink. Now MO looks very generic IMHO.

-w

longride 06-20-2007 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 161674)
Ah, I see it's free now. Never mind.

I guess my opinion means even less, then.

BTW, it's taken me as much time to read seven messages as it would have to read an entire thread before. Used to be "read, read, read, read, scroll a little, read, read, read..." Now it's "click, read, scroll-and-good-luck-finding-your-spot, click, read, scroll-and-good-luck-finding-your-spot..." I really, really hope there's something I'm missing here. Is there a way to make that box full o' threads up there show the whole message instead of just the title?

Schizuk, just go to display modes and click to show the threaded mode. Then you can see who replied to you. C,mon, this stuff is a lot like electronic ignitions, disk brakes, and fuel injection. We gotta take you kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

maladg 06-20-2007 07:15 AM

MOst of it looks like an improvement

The new look is hot stuff. It will take me some time to adapt to the new forum - sometimes less is indeed more.

PLEASE do NOT offer features in Powerpoint!

longride 06-20-2007 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 161709)
Well, Mr. Carpetbagger, where I come from we've got something called the Missoura Boat Ride...

BTW, I see numbnuts already has his own separate threads - and one of them is rated five stars.

I didn't surrender neither, but they took my horse and made him surrender. Got him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Cheesebeast 06-20-2007 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 161808)
Schizuk, just go to display modes and click to show the threaded mode. Then you can see who replied to you. C,mon, this stuff is a lot like electronic ignitions, disk brakes, and fuel injection. We gotta take you kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

Try:
Hit User CP button.

You will see the Control Panel on the left hand side.

Hit Edit Options.

Scroll down to Thread Display Options.

Change Thread Display Mode to "Threaded"

Scroll down to bottom and hit "Save Changes"

It still takes a good bit of getting used to.

longride 06-20-2007 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmuu-gs (Post 161693)
I wonder about the list also...seems to me it should be alphabetical...that eliminates the "who paid the most" issues...IMNSHO!

Something about that list order really seems to bug people. I wonder if it is because Harley is on top?? Nah.

triumph900 06-20-2007 07:29 AM

Just wanted to see if I can post. Site looks good. A bit "busy", but it's new, so I'll get use to it.

Tricolore 06-20-2007 07:31 AM

Congrats on the new and well design site.