Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-20-2007, 01:41 AM   #131
umarth
Founding Member

Holy crap- am I a founding member? Anyway, I really like the fact that the damned site was finally updated. I'm probably the only person that think this, but ditch the babes. Motorcycle.com is about motorcycles. If I want to see girls, that is just a sexy search away....
umarth is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2007, 02:06 AM   #132
Hooligan
Founding Member

Knew you'd come around. Nice to be back - it's been too long.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:26 AM   #133
hector
Founding Member

Count me as another one who likes the new set up.

I'll be coming back more often and adding my grains of salt.

Great job MO.
hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:33 AM   #134
IanLogan
Founding Member

Default Back at MO

Good to get back to the great reviews and articles. I'm not convinced yet about the new syle but will hold my tongue until I've had a better look around. Nevertheless congrats on opening the door again MO.
IanLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:35 AM   #135
xlr8r
Founding Member

Ah, there you all are! I've been looking all over the site for you. I suppose the snacks and beer have all gone by now, which is my fault for coming late, I suppose. But the new site is very colourful, and the galleries/videos/manufacturers set-up is nice. Just three niggles:
1. Couldn't Guzzi get a manufacturer's category of their own? Do they have to be with Hyosung et al? I mean, if you're going to give Aprilia separate status, why not Guzzi?
2. Babe of the Month will bring in the viewers, I suppose (weary sigh) but could you at least have them posing on motorcycles? And try not to get airheads who say 'I don't know anything about motorcycles': make up the copy, if you must, along the lines of 'I really like sportbikes, they're so smooth-looking and they sound really hot'. You know, try to link up motorcycles, enthusiasm, sex and desire rather than motorcycles, ignorance, and disinterest.
3. The BB will settle down after a while, I'm sure, but I, too, used to like being able to see the nested comments at a single click insatead of having to keep loading lages of icons and avatars.
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:37 AM   #136
xlr8r
Founding Member

What the hell? How did Batman get put there? I didn't select or click anything. Oh, well, could be worse, I suppose...
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:49 AM   #137
Lowrez
Founding Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by umarth View Post
Holy crap- am I a founding member? Anyway, I really like the fact that the damned site was finally updated. I'm probably the only person that think this, but ditch the babes. Motorcycle.com is about motorcycles. If I want to see girls, that is just a sexy search away....
At very least, make the "Babes" a more discreet link on the first page. I like to browse at work during lunch and I can't have image from the front page up if my VP stopped by.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:41 AM   #138
pplassm
Founding Member

Question

How come I'm not a "Premium" founding member? I've been paying for years.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:52 AM   #139
flrider
Founding Member

Nice new format!!
flrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:02 AM   #140
Duc-Geezer
Founding Member

Hearty congratulations. Welcome to the 21st century. Very nice new design. In my opinion this is a huge step forward. And I like the fact that the forums looks like most other forums, i.e. modern.
Duc-Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote