Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-19-2007, 07:54 PM   #111
schizuki
Founding Member

Ah, I see it's free now. Never mind.

I guess my opinion means even less, then.

BTW, it's taken me as much time to read seven messages as it would have to read an entire thread before. Used to be "read, read, read, read, scroll a little, read, read, read..." Now it's "click, read, scroll-and-good-luck-finding-your-spot, click, read, scroll-and-good-luck-finding-your-spot..." I really, really hope there's something I'm missing here. Is there a way to make that box full o' threads up there show the whole message instead of just the title?
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2007, 08:18 PM   #112
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

Good evening Schizuki.

I think I understand your angst. Do emoticons make you hostile? Does the mere presence of a goddamn vapid smiley face make you thumb back the hammer on your 1911? I feel your pain, and in the most non-Clintonian sense.

The world has gone mad, but at least you are a "premium founding member" of a madhouse. That has to be worth something.

A [singular] virtual complimentary beverage awaits for you in the Premium Member Lounge. You may consider starting a thread there that will allow you to vent your spleen amongst like-minded folks. Or you can at least call someone a douchebag and then hit them with a folding metal chair. That always makes me feel better.
Cheesebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:25 PM   #113
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

Oh, and I don't know if you noticed the "User CP" button. It allows you to view the threads you have posted in. That way you can see if they have been added to and when, so you can monitor them for anyone you may want to converse with. Or hit with a folding metal chair.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:32 PM   #114
schizuki
Founding Member

There is iron in your words, Cheesebeast. And nougaty wisdom.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #115
tjhiii
Founding Member

So, are the manufacturers listed in order of whichever company pays the most advertising money?
tjhiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:40 PM   #116
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

It would personally disturb me to see MO without a Schizuki.

It just isn't PROPER.

NO, Sir, You have a job to do. It would be as if you ran out on the French Foreign Legion with the last of the ammunition (and cheese) when the thundering hordes were set to arrive at any moment.

I predict thundering hordes of Squids are imminent, so keep your eyes peeled and your ammunition fresh. And relish the fact you were issued a funny looking hat. The few, the proud, the French!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:48 PM   #117
bmuu-gs
Registered Member

Default New Format

Been with MO since the early days...although I rarely post, I always read your reviews and other information...too soon to tell if the new format is any better - that's up to you and your site designer...as long as the info stays as good...also, looking forward to the value-added services that come from being a subscriber...good luck with the advertising...BMUU-GS/Motopharmacist!
bmuu-gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:48 PM   #118
BrockTune
Registered Member

There seem to be a bunch of articles missing, for example the review of the 2008 KLR 650. Is this just a glitch? Will these articles be posted again?

Kudos on all the hard work making the new site.
BrockTune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:51 PM   #119
bmuu-gs
Registered Member

Thumbs down Manufacturers List

I wonder about the list also...seems to me it should be alphabetical...that eliminates the "who paid the most" issues...IMNSHO!
bmuu-gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:25 PM   #120
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote