Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   No Comment (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/21052-no-comment.html)

The Spaceman 07-01-2013 05:21 AM

No Comment

Am I missing something, or is it no longer possible to comment on new articles? I see there are a few comments from people at the end of the new article on the HyperStrada, but no link to a thread on the article for the usual banter.

Is that by design? Seems to me the best motorcycle-related forum content was in the threads linked to the articles.

jmdonald 07-01-2013 06:07 AM

No post

It looks like the administrator no longer posts links to articles asking for comment. You can comment at the end of an article using Disqus or a social networking entity.

seruzawa 07-01-2013 06:34 AM

CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
TINUBU SQUARE,VICTORIA ISLAND,
LAGOS-NIGERIA(OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
TINUBU SQUARE LAGOS
Call me 234-80-8764-7349
From the Desk Of:DR SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI
Executive Governor (CBN)

Attn Sir/Madam

This is to inform you that the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Goodluck Jonathan has given me the instruction to

transfer your fund into your account, and you are requested to send to me your telephone and fax number including your baking

information where you want your fuund to be transfer. I discovered that you has been contacting some criminals here in

Nigeria and for your information you should STOP any further contact with this Criminals.

Immediately i receive all these information from you i will inform you what to do and receive your funds.

immediately you receive this mail. Call me 234-80-8764-7349

Reply me with: c_b_n2013@yahoo.com.hk

YOURS SINCERELY,
DR SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI
GOVERNOR, CENTRAL BANK OF
NIGERIA (CBN).
Call me 234-80-8764-7349

Buzglyd 07-01-2013 09:21 AM

I'm winging my way back from Florida and will work on a solution.

The_AirHawk 07-01-2013 05:55 PM

Disqus disqusts me. So, after many long years, it seems I must finally abandon MO.

It's been real, fellas!

sarnali2 07-01-2013 06:11 PM

well that sucks, i didn't realize you couldn't comment anymore...

The Spaceman 07-02-2013 03:02 AM

It does suck. Not to beat a dead horse, but again, the threads linked to articles always had the most interesting m/c related material.

Another point: a unique and invaluable capability of this media vs. print is/was the reader's ability to interact with the writers in real-time. Clarifications, additional facts, the occasional correction all came out of that.

If that's now limited to short two-sentence brain farts ala FB, Twitter, etc., something valuable has been lost.

seruzawa 07-02-2013 05:31 AM

The race to the lowest common denominator continues. The same "corporate-think" factors that have driven TV to even lower depths than ever imagined (reality shows and endless repeats of "Law & Order") are at work on the internet too. Social networking sites are used to elicit private info which is then used to send you spam, junk mail and telemarketing calls. Now MO has joined The Borg.

pushrod 07-02-2013 07:27 AM

I just looked at the ZX-14 review, and there is a 'Reader Feedback' button that takes you to the Forum page.
Perhaps the Duck review writer forgot to add a button to the page?

sarnali2 07-02-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 282234)
The race to the lowest common denominator continues. The same "corporate-think" factors that have driven TV to even lower depths than ever imagined (reality shows and endless repeats of "Law & Order") are at work on the internet too. Social networking sites are used to elicit private info which is then used to send you spam, junk mail and telemarketing calls. Now MO has joined The Borg.

"but it has electrolytes!".....