Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2013 KTM 690 Duke Review - Video (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/21035-2013-ktm-690-duke-review-video.html)

Administrator 06-05-2013 02:36 PM

2013 KTM 690 Duke Review - Video

KTM Duke Forum

Original Article:
2013 KTM 690 Duke Review - Video

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2013 KTM 690 Duke Review - Video in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

12er 06-05-2013 04:41 PM

Ive always had a soft spot for the Dukes, cool machines. If I still had the K bike this would be right up my alley as a second bike.

Buzglyd 06-05-2013 04:51 PM

Great bike and good job with the video.

I had to laugh, the ad when it's warming up is for a broadway play I just saw with my mom a few weeks ago in New York.

Kevin_Duke 06-05-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 282028)
Great bike and good job with the video.

I had to laugh, the ad when it's warming up is for a broadway play I just saw with my mom a few weeks ago in New York.

Thx, Buz! You get pre-roll ads on our vids?

The Spaceman 06-06-2013 12:56 PM

"Wait till they get a load of me."

Yeesh.

Buzglyd 06-06-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 282030)
Thx, Buz! You get pre-roll ads on our vids?

Yeah it was for Nice Work if You Can Get It starring Matthew Broderick.

Ends June 15th!

The_AirHawk 06-06-2013 04:45 PM

It's The Duke on a Duke!

Great review of the bike - your enthusiasm for this moto was felt in both the video and the writing. You make me want to go out and buy one of these things! (must resist urge..... almost.. debt..... free....!)

Even if it didn't have your name on the tank - would you buy one of these as a Primary? Or would the size (physical, not displacement) limit this as mostly a Tracktoy/Canyon-Blaster?

kspike 06-06-2013 05:35 PM

Nice video. You guys are getting real good at it. Love the looks and the video fired me up so much I had to go for a ride. I really like KTMs stuff.

Kevin_Duke 06-06-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 282037)
It's The Duke on a Duke!

Great review of the bike - your enthusiasm for this moto was felt in both the video and the writing. You make me want to go out and buy one of these things! (must resist urge..... almost.. debt..... free....!)

Even if it didn't have your name on the tank - would you buy one of these as a Primary? Or would the size (physical, not displacement) limit this as mostly a Tracktoy/Canyon-Blaster?

For me, part of a bike as a primary means it needs to be comfy enough for a 400-500-mile day. It could be done on the Duke, but it would be less than ideal. That said, it's a great bike when used for commuting and weekend sport riding, which comprises 95% of my riding.

Duken4evr 06-07-2013 07:01 AM

A buddy of mine has a 690 Enduro. That is one fun motorcycle, the perfect 2nd bike for a guy living here in Colorado. It can literally go everywhere, great fun for exploring dirt roads and going up trails (even nasty ones, some skill required) if you find them.

You are right about the 690 engine. You can feel the combustion happening with bare knuckled sharp enthusiasm. This is no soggy feeling KLR motor, and that is a good thing. Been riding bikes a long time, and a high performance single has a primal appeal that is unusually exciting. Hard to describe, but you know it when you are around it.

Bonus - my 84 year old mother could ride wheelies on the 690. Love that in a motorcycle :)