Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2013 MV Agusta Brutale 800 Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/21010-2013-mv-agusta-brutale-800-review.html)

Administrator 05-24-2013 10:59 AM

2013 MV Agusta Brutale 800 Review

Original Article:
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 800 Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2013 MV Agusta Brutale 800 Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Duken4evr 05-24-2013 04:27 PM

Interesting bike. The combo of the light weight, power and inevitable cool sound of the triple sounds pretty intoxicating. It does sound like it needs to chill out on the geometry and twitchiness though. Naked bikes need to be set up to be more stable than fully faired bikes if anything, as the ride sits up and they are dirty going through the air, which can add to the feeling of instability.

Just a gentle reminder though, a "lowly" FZ1 makes 146 to 150 hp at the rear wheel with a power commander, air filter and full exhaust ;) The Z1000 mods up nice too. Spend some of the savings and have a 1000. 1000s are bigger and heavier, but that is not all bad on the open road at speed. This bike sounds like it would get blown around out here in windy wide open spaces land. Nothing like powering along at 135 in a stiff crosswind to find out what a bike is made of...

Love the looks of this MV though. Really sweet details. The Japanese seem next to unable to get this aspect of the passion of motorcycling.

ShamanWS6 05-24-2013 06:33 PM

I like it. Similar (peak) output in power to my Tuono.

jmdonald 05-24-2013 07:04 PM

More.

Any Brutale , even the small one should be more. This bike should be more than it is. I like it though. I'd like it more at 10 k.

Buzglyd 05-25-2013 05:43 AM

Shedding that giant bulb under the engine would help in the looks and weight dept. as well. Your local Green club might have fits but who cares?

I've always been a Brutale fan and a Triple makes it even more tempting.

My money is still on the Tuono though.

The Spaceman 05-25-2013 02:26 PM

Mr. Roderick is right: that rats nest on around the starboard footpeg is a mess. I could see it on a cheap Chinese bike, but an Augusta? No way.

Those headers; do they look as good in real life as they do in the photos? That gold color is sweet, are they anodized or what?

Kevin_Duke 05-25-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 281790)
I've always been a Brutale fan and a Triple makes it even more tempting.

My money is still on the Tuono though.

That's a safe bet. It's got an extra cylinder and a 201cc advantage. The Aprilia ain't as nimble, tho, if that's your thing.

Buzglyd 05-25-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 281801)
That's a safe bet. It's got an extra cylinder and a 201cc advantage. The Aprilia ain't as nimble, tho, if that's your thing.

I ain't as nimble either anymore.

The only head shake I want these days is when I'm reading one of KMo's posts.

seruzawa 05-25-2013 09:05 PM

Speed Triple.... Speed Triple.... Speed Triple....

Accept no substitute.

SpeedwayRN 05-26-2013 06:21 AM

Pick at it if you want but MV done good on this one.