Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
"... so these new entry-level motorcycles should strike a chord with an eco-minded younger generation that’s also image-aware and price-conscious."
I'll translate:

Unemployed Zero voters with 200 Grand in college debt and living with there parents.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2013, 04:48 AM   #12
bechtoea
Founding Member

Good bikes and much more capabile and practical than a midrange cruiser. If I want a Harley, I'll buy a Harley, not a Japanese knockoff. Yet Honda attempted to pass off a $7000+ 750 cruiser as a 'beginner" bike and that's just crazy. Not everyone in America dons a pirate outfit to ride

I also am glad to see that the manufacturers have stopped trying to pass off the 600cc class sportbikes and standards with sportbike engines as beginner machines. I owned a 599 and while the bike was relatively docile at the low revs, it still had way too much snap for a beginner in my opinion. Go north of 6000RPM and a beginner would go from 0 to injured or dead in a real hurry. In 2006, Honda had the air cooled 250's OR straight to the 599 and CBR600F4, both too expensive and capabile for a beginner. Or you could by a Shadow and get your road pirate on. But no decent beginner standard.

The pricepoint and capbility of this bike are spot on. For my purposes, I might buy one myself as I do mostely commuting and my current ride, a Nighthawk 750, barely breaks 45MPG. Even with my large build on it, this 500 should easily see somewhere north of 60MPG during the commute.

So bravo, Honda!!
bechtoea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #13
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Hey I dress like a pirate!!!!!! not really, I wear whatever I'm wearing and grab a helmet and gloves and go.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #14
Duken4evr
Founding Member

I remember when EX500s were 3K new. Welcome to the new EX500. Honda should sell lot of these. Kaw sure sold tons of their EXs.

Pity Honda could not have found a way to make it half a CBR1000R though. One can dream!
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #15
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I'll translate:

Unemployed Zero voters with 200 Grand in college debt and living with there parents.
How do you have time to write, Buz? Aren't you too busy yelling at kids to get off your lawn?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #16
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
How do you have time to write, Buz? Aren't you too busy yelling at kids to get off your lawn?
Well they're too freaking lazy to mow it!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #17
bmwclay
Founding Member

Cool Hondas

They may have looked identical but they were all unique designs. Especially, the older CB450 was like a Swiss watch compared to the cheap rattly CB350 Timex.

I loved my two CB450's (one got stole) They kept up with both Commandos and Bonnies in the tight twisties. Certainly outbraked them. Even took them off road. Nothing ever went wrong. The first was a teal color with drum brakes and the second was dark green with discs. No one knew how to adjust the valves though.
If these new bikes keep up their tradition, I might just give up my K1200S and 1150GS and get one. I am getting older.........
bmwclay is offline   Reply With Quote