Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2013 Light-Heavyweight Touring-Cruiser Shootout - Video

Original Article:
2013 Light-Heavyweight Touring-Cruiser Shootout - Video

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2013 Light-Heavyweight Touring-Cruiser Shootout - Video in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
The Spaceman
Registered Member

That must have been one of the easier comparos to find a winner. From here it looks like the V-Star is the only bike truly built as a tourer, while the others simply hung on a windscreen and bags. And it looks enough like an UltraGlide that you could cruise Daytona in your pirate outfit and spend the $10k you saved on tattoos.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default There is.

There is a bike or everyone.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
There is a bike or everyone.
Mine is Silver and says Ducati on the side... Just bought a new multi at lunch. Pick her up next week.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Bravo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Mine is Silver and says Ducati on the side... Just bought a new multi at lunch. Pick her up next week.
I am jealous. I have been holding out and I am way overdue for a new bike. Good luck and safe riding. The multi is high on my list. I hope you will give us an update or two.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #6
12er
Founding Member

I hear ya, 12 years with the same bike was enough. Though Ive been looking for the last 6 years or more... The multi seems to be just what the DR ordered. Sportbike handling and thrust in a sit up and beg position. I cheaped out and went standard though. They are including the bags now so basically your paying 3k for the suspension on the S. Add in the skyhook's active suspension and only a 2 year warrantee I didnt want to be the guinee pig. That and I ride bikes because they dont think for themselves like a horse. Now the duc's are thinking for themselves. I'll wait for the bugs to be sorted.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Smart move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
I hear ya, 12 years with the same bike was enough. Though Ive been looking for the last 6 years or more... The multi seems to be just what the DR ordered. Sportbike handling and thrust in a sit up and beg position. I cheaped out and went standard though. They are including the bags now so basically your paying 3k for the suspension on the S. Add in the skyhook's active suspension and only a 2 year warrantee I didnt want to be the guinee pig. That and I ride bikes because they dont think for themselves like a horse. Now the duc's are thinking for themselves. I'll wait for the bugs to be sorted.
I have thought the same about the suspension. You still get the dynamic mapping, traction control and abs. Nice they are including bags. I also like the windscreen adjustment on that bike.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
12er
Founding Member

Windshield adjustment was very easy on the fly, but moot for me, I'm too tall. It is best in the low positon. If I raise it the wind blast hits me mid helmet. The touring screen almost hits me in the face when pulled back due to the angle its set at. I tried on the GT I have been lusting for online. But the bags are truely too large for daily use, the screen to big and since they were only getting one, no dealing. With some of my haggled cash I already have a Givi topcase and Altrider luggage rack on the way from Revzilla. Only the $17 givi / altrider mounting kit is on back order, go figure. Still I can use my motofizz seat bag on the rack until I can get the case mounted up. The Ducati top case is about $900, with that mark up, they can keep it. $666 for the case ( thats says something right there) another $2XX for the mounting bracket. My $250 givi case will do fine thank you very much.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default California Scientific

California Scientific makes screens for the Multi that may work better for you. A few buddies have them and they come highly recommended. Givi makes fine luggage no doubt. I may forgo factory bags and go straight to Givi's on my next bike.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 Windshields
Old 05-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #10
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Cool, good for you 12'r... wicked looking bike!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote