Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2013 Light-Heavyweight Touring-Cruiser Shootout - Video (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20995-2013-light-heavyweight-touring-cruiser-shootout-video.html)

Administrator 05-13-2013 11:59 AM

2013 Light-Heavyweight Touring-Cruiser Shootout - Video

Original Article:
2013 Light-Heavyweight Touring-Cruiser Shootout - Video

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2013 Light-Heavyweight Touring-Cruiser Shootout - Video in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The Spaceman 05-14-2013 06:01 AM

That must have been one of the easier comparos to find a winner. From here it looks like the V-Star is the only bike truly built as a tourer, while the others simply hung on a windscreen and bags. And it looks enough like an UltraGlide that you could cruise Daytona in your pirate outfit and spend the $10k you saved on tattoos.

jmdonald 05-14-2013 03:18 PM

There is.

There is a bike or everyone.

12er 05-14-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdonald (Post 281635)
There is a bike or everyone.

Mine is Silver and says Ducati on the side... Just bought a new multi at lunch. Pick her up next week.

jmdonald 05-14-2013 04:54 PM

Bravo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 281640)
Mine is Silver and says Ducati on the side... Just bought a new multi at lunch. Pick her up next week.

I am jealous. I have been holding out and I am way overdue for a new bike. Good luck and safe riding. The multi is high on my list. I hope you will give us an update or two.

12er 05-14-2013 05:44 PM

I hear ya, 12 years with the same bike was enough. Though Ive been looking for the last 6 years or more... The multi seems to be just what the DR ordered. Sportbike handling and thrust in a sit up and beg position. I cheaped out and went standard though. They are including the bags now so basically your paying 3k for the suspension on the S. Add in the skyhook's active suspension and only a 2 year warrantee I didnt want to be the guinee pig. That and I ride bikes because they dont think for themselves like a horse. Now the duc's are thinking for themselves. I'll wait for the bugs to be sorted.

jmdonald 05-14-2013 05:57 PM

Smart move.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 281643)
I hear ya, 12 years with the same bike was enough. Though Ive been looking for the last 6 years or more... The multi seems to be just what the DR ordered. Sportbike handling and thrust in a sit up and beg position. I cheaped out and went standard though. They are including the bags now so basically your paying 3k for the suspension on the S. Add in the skyhook's active suspension and only a 2 year warrantee I didnt want to be the guinee pig. That and I ride bikes because they dont think for themselves like a horse. Now the duc's are thinking for themselves. I'll wait for the bugs to be sorted.

I have thought the same about the suspension. You still get the dynamic mapping, traction control and abs. Nice they are including bags. I also like the windscreen adjustment on that bike.

12er 05-16-2013 10:24 AM

Windshield adjustment was very easy on the fly, but moot for me, I'm too tall. It is best in the low positon. If I raise it the wind blast hits me mid helmet. The touring screen almost hits me in the face when pulled back due to the angle its set at. I tried on the GT I have been lusting for online. But the bags are truely too large for daily use, the screen to big and since they were only getting one, no dealing. With some of my haggled cash I already have a Givi topcase and Altrider luggage rack on the way from Revzilla. Only the $17 givi / altrider mounting kit is on back order, go figure. Still I can use my motofizz seat bag on the rack until I can get the case mounted up. The Ducati top case is about $900, with that mark up, they can keep it. $666 for the case ( thats says something right there) another $2XX for the mounting bracket. My $250 givi case will do fine thank you very much.

jmdonald 05-16-2013 11:21 AM

California Scientific

California Scientific makes screens for the Multi that may work better for you. A few buddies have them and they come highly recommended. Givi makes fine luggage no doubt. I may forgo factory bags and go straight to Givi's on my next bike.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 Windshields

sarnali2 05-16-2013 12:07 PM

Cool, good for you 12'r... wicked looking bike!