Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
California Scientific makes screens for the Multi that may work better for you. A few buddies have them and they come highly recommended. Givi makes fine luggage no doubt. I may forgo factory bags and go straight to Givi's on my next bike.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 Windshields
I've had CalSci screens on both my BMWs.

Highly recommended.

You could probably ride over and try one on. I think he's in Sacramento.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #12
12er
Founding Member

Thank ya Gentlemen, I'll keep them in mind. My buddy bought the little carbon fiber fly screen version for his Pikes Peak. Riding it I didnt have a prob with the wind but we'll see what living with one means. Though I still have a week before I pick up the bike. A long, looong week. Then I'll have to update my avatar pic with the current hand grip.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #13
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Thank ya Gentlemen, I'll keep them in mind. My buddy bought the little carbon fiber fly screen version for his Pikes Peak. Riding it I didnt have a prob with the wind but we'll see what living with one means. Though I still have a week before I pick up the bike. A long, looong week. Then I'll have to update my avatar pic with the current hand grip.
No shyt.

We've been staring at the ugly a$$ avatar for 12er years.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #14
12er
Founding Member

Ok I have to get a Cal Sci now, just the directions to the shop were enough to sell me. That and they are near two of my buddies I'm overdue in visiting.

************** Thread Hyjack Complete***************
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:23 AM   #15
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Pretty cool that the V-Star has a fairing with nicely integrated NAV/audio system. The bags look like they are part of the plan too, instead of tacked on. The Star definitely looks like the bike that is most functional and most satisfying to get along with day to day.

Funny though, I have not really been around these bikes and was walking through a Honda showroom as my short legged friend is interested in the new CTX 700. All the cruisers are so damn low. I would hate that, being eye level with SUV's bumpers all the time. Sit up riding positions with their commanding view of the road for me then...
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:33 AM   #16
bmwclay
Founding Member

Default V-Star

Any manufacturer that makes a bagger at such a low price point and decent performance and then throws in an audio system and a 1000 buck Garmin, has my attention. BMW lists it as a big ticket option even on their 25K tourers. Who needs a Harley?
bmwclay is offline   Reply With Quote