Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2013 MV Agusta F4 RR Review: Street Ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20985-2013-mv-agusta-f4-rr-review-street-ride.html)

Administrator 05-08-2013 02:28 PM

2013 MV Agusta F4 RR Review: Street Ride

Original Article:
2013 MV Agusta F4 RR Review: Street Ride

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2013 MV Agusta F4 RR Review: Street Ride in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

jmdonald 05-08-2013 02:47 PM

Easy choice.

I am in love with the idea of owning a MV Agusta but logic takes over and says buy the BMW.

SpeedwayRN 05-08-2013 07:02 PM

Hehehehe....

The_AirHawk 05-08-2013 11:15 PM

I am afrighted of this moto, merely by reading the article....

ShamanWS6 05-09-2013 07:22 AM

Love it... but the RSV4 keeps kicking everything else in the ass when it's time to go to the track. And, you know, V4.

I'd pick this bike over the HP4 or the Panigale, though.

The Spaceman 05-09-2013 08:30 AM

Your wife rode on the back of it? What a catch she is, where did you find her? I want one too.

kspike 05-09-2013 11:55 AM

Nice photos! It sure looks better than the BMW. Out of my price range. For the average sport biker rider is it really that much better than a GSXR 1000? I have had my sights on the GSXR 750 for awhile which is at the top of my price range thinking it's the best package for an average (in my case below average in terms of ability) sport bike rider who does a track day once or twice (if I don't tell the wife) a year...

sarnali2 05-09-2013 12:29 PM

Only 172 horsepower? ? pfft my trusty 96 incher makes at least that, probably more since I knocked an iron pipe through the baffle, and you can't even put highway pegs on this one.. hmmf

Naw, it's another Italian beauty that I can't afford, probably couldn't even fit on and would scare the sheet out of myself riding, sure looks nice though. From a practicle standpoint I'd take the BMW as well simply because their support, though limited is going to be vastly more superior to MV's outside of the metro area. I know it's all about the passion, but practicality rears it's head whether you like it or not.

Kevin_Duke 05-09-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kspike (Post 281496)
Nice photos! It sure looks better than the BMW. Out of my price range. For the average sport biker rider is it really that much better than a GSXR 1000? I have had my sights on the GSXR 750 for awhile which is at the top of my price range thinking it's the best package for an average (in my case below average in terms of ability) sport bike rider who does a track day once or twice (if I don't tell the wife) a year...

No, performance-wise, it's not hugely better than a Gixxer Thou. But then a Suzuki will never be anything quite like an MV.

The_AirHawk 05-09-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 281499)
No, performance-wise, it's not hugely better than a Gixxer Thou. But then a Suzuki will never be anything quite like an MV.

Dude, it's nigh-impossible to overcome a bike with a KPPI of "100".

MVA should give up now, Suzi just shot it all-over their face....