Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2013 Honda Interstate Review

Original Article:
2013 Honda Interstate Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2013 Honda Interstate Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Pretty weird looking. And whatever styling exercise it is that tank seam ruins it.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #3
Rick84
Registered Member

Honda seems to price itself out of relevance again (see: ST1300). The V Star 1300 Tourer at $12,290 and the 1300 Deluxe—the bike in your comparison—at $13,690 is better equipped and, to my eye, looks better. Sure, the Honda may have a more attractive silhouette, but cruisers are also about the detail. The all-black engine with huge, flat-surface, plasti-chrome covers meant to dress it up is actually off-putting. On the other hand, the decoratively polished fins on the 1300 with dimension and definition around the transmission looks great. Finally, when you add in the obvious functional advantages (less not having ABS as an option) such as lockable bags, functioning wind protection, better passenger accommodations, more touring-friendly riding triangle and, in the case of the deluxe, a sound system and navigation, comparing the Honda to the Star is almost no comparison at all

Last edited by Rick84 : 05-03-2013 at 02:01 AM.
Rick84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Pretty weird looking. And whatever styling exercise it is that tank seam ruins it.
You're being too kind.

The bike doesn't look bad as a "Pro-Street," which it was designed to be. But tacking on the bags and screen turn it into a mess.

It came in last in a shoot-out in this month's CW.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #5
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Styling cues.

This bike is lost on me.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick84 View Post
Honda seems to price itself out of relevance again (see: ST1300). The V Star 1300 Tourer at $12,290 and the 1300 Deluxe—the bike in your comparison—at $13,690 is better equipped and, to my eye, looks better. Sure, the Honda may have a more attractive silhouette, but cruisers are also about the detail. The all-black engine with huge, flat-surface, plasti-chrome covers meant to dress it up is actually off-putting. On the other hand, the decoratively polished fins on the 1300 with dimension and definition around the transmission looks great. Finally, when you add in the obvious functional advantages (less not having ABS as an option) such as lockable bags, functioning wind protection, better passenger accommodations, more touring-friendly riding triangle and, in the case of the deluxe, a sound system and navigation, comparing the Honda to the Star is almost no comparison at all
Great post, Rick. Our comparo will go live next week.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #7
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

Plastic engine covers, plastic fenders, ugly tank seam, contrived styling. No thanks. What a turd. If you want a metric cruiser go for the V-Star 1300. At least looks like a quality piece. Or just buy a Harley, which is what all these things want to be anyway.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

For $13K there are a lot better touring choices out there and none of them are long stroke V-Twins or weigh over 700 freaking pounds.

Last edited by seruzawa : 05-09-2013 at 10:38 PM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #9
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Well I congradulate Honda for stepping out of the box at least. Looks like they're trying to copy Victory's Ness styling but as noted, the plasi-chrome bits and tank seam shows that they just don't get it, maybe next time eh?

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #10
Buzglyd
Founding Member

It's hard to believe they could out do the Rune but I think they have.

And I don't mean that in a good way.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote