Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
"Geezer Bikes" are Doomed I tellya - Doomed! DOOMED! DOOMED! DOOOOOMMMMEEEDD!!!

(D'yer think that was too-many "Doomed's"?)

Yeah, might wanna tone it down a little Scotty, gettin' kinda' creepy towards the end there.....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Yeah we went to Yellowstone last year and stayed at the lake, considering that all Harley riders are posers that never ride their bikes there sure were a lot of them on the roads, didn't see all the trailers they hauled them on either, a few here and there but I'd say the vast majority were ridden there. Tons of GW's too and a smattering of Beemers with most of them being GS's, not very many sportbikes oddly enough considering that they supposededly outsell dinosaurs 100/1 and the ones we did see were mostly Euros like Triumph, Ducati and BMW's...
A lot of the Hogs at Yellowstone are rented in Jackson Hole. I've seen them unloading the bikes near the Grand Tetons.

Did you take the Chief Joseph highway to Cody? You should if you get the chance. Very beautiful..... er I mean, it sucks. All of that area of the USA sucks. Stay away.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #13
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
A lot of the Hogs at Yellowstone are rented in Jackson Hole. I've seen them unloading the bikes near the Grand Tetons.

Did you take the Chief Joseph highway to Cody? You should if you get the chance. Very beautiful..... er I mean, it sucks. All of that area of the USA sucks. Stay away.

How about that, well there were lots of them. We came in through Cody but it was getting dark. Either way I could tell it really sucked.. total waste of gas and time. In fact the whole place blew, much like Washington and Utah... horrible places, I'd just stay home or do the Dragon... much better riding there than out West...

Old 05-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #14
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default West sucks.

A great ride for me would be 100 to 200 miles plus with great scenery twisty roads and 5 star food stops along the way ending with an evening of premium adult beverages. You just can't get that out west. Hardly any roads are paved, no restaurants, miles of straight mind numbing monotonous roads. PCH is a hell hole. Southern California is the worst. It's hard to ride more than 360 days the weather is so bad. The mountains of Florida, that's the ticket.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #15
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

5 star food out west? pffft more like roller food at the Chevron truck stop "try the beef n bean burritos, I defrosted them last week..." sheesh...... Better off eating a Snickers and water out of the garden hose..

Old 05-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #16
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
A great ride for me would be 100 to 200 miles plus with great scenery twisty roads and 5 star food stops along the way ending with an evening of premium adult beverages. You just can't get that out west. Hardly any roads are paved, no restaurants, miles of straight mind numbing monotonous roads. PCH is a hell hole. Southern California is the worst. It's hard to ride more than 360 days the weather is so bad. The mountains of Florida, that's the ticket.
Nope, no good riding in Florida, especially Central and North Florida. Oh yeah, riding the Overseas Highway in the Keys is nothing but boring. The beaches here suck too. Fishing is lousy everywhere, the night life is miserable, there's no boating, camping, nothing but mosquitos and con-men.

However, everyone enjoys Dinny-Whirl, Universal Joint Studios, Sea Whirl, and many other exciting and affordable vacation destinations in the Greater Orlando area. I highly recommend that anyone considering coming to Florida book your vacation in the Heaven on Earth that is Orlando; America's playground. Oh yeah, the cruise ships are also great; you can fly into Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, or Miami, and immediately board your ship and leave. No need to look any further than the taxicab windows.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #17
schizuki
Founding Member

Ever been to Maine in the summer? Chaos. Ruined dreams. Wasted land. To understand what we were, you have to go back to another time. When the world was powered by the black fuel. And this desert sprouted great forests of maple and pine. Gone now, swept away.

For reasons long forgotten, two mighty warrior tribes went to war and touched off a blaze which engulfed them all.

Without fuel, they were nothing. They built a house of straw. The thundering machines sputtered and stopped.

Their leaders talked and talked and talked, but nothing could stem the avalanche.

Our state crumbled. The picturesque fishing towns exploded. A whirlwind of looting, a firestorm of fear. Men began to feed on men.

On the roads it is a white line nightmare. Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage can survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice. In this maelstrom of decay, ordinary men are battered and smashed.

Men like me. Schizuki. The warrior Schizuki.

In the roar of an engine, I lost everything. And became a shell of a man, a burnt out, desolate man, a man haunted by the demons of my past. A man who wandered out into the wasteland...

Lobster's pretty good, though.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #18
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Fear based.

As a child I was told of the horror going on in Maine and Florida. Now I know those stories are true.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #19
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

And stay the Hell away from the Ozarks too - full of Hillbillies that'll make you strip nekkid an' "Sqweel Lak' uh Pig!" immediately before giving you a good Rogering up the Ol' Pooper whilst a moonshine 'still burbles and thumps merrily in the background of some remote Ozark Valley.

If you have no concept of "archery sight-window", got a purty mouth, an that sounds like your bag, I can be reached via PM....
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 05-02-2013 at 04:14 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #20
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
And stay the Hell away from the Ozarks too - full of Hillbillies that'll make you strip nekkid an' "Sqweel Lak' uh Pig!" immediately before giving you a good Rogering up the Ol' Pooper whilst a moonshine 'still burbles and thumps merrily in the background of some remote Ozark Valley.

If you have no concept of "archery sight-window", got a purty mouth, an that sounds like your bag, I can be reached via PM....
You kin folk?
12er is offline   Reply With Quote