Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2013 Brammo Empulse R vs Zero S ZF11.4 - Video (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20963-2013-brammo-empulse-r-vs-zero-s-zf11-4-video.html)

Administrator 04-26-2013 09:20 AM

2013 Brammo Empulse R vs Zero S ZF11.4 - Video

Original Article:
2013 Brammo Empulse R vs Zero S ZF11.4 - Video

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2013 Brammo Empulse R vs Zero S ZF11.4 - Video in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Buzglyd 04-26-2013 02:05 PM

Dang! Kenneth already blew his dough on a engine-cycle!

The Spaceman 04-27-2013 05:21 AM

Great article, and the video was outstanding as well. Hearing the sound the bikes make at speed was worth the effort to make it.

Its impressive that you got that kind of range beating the crap out of the batteries. Will you be able to use the biked in a more typical day to day scenario and see how they are to live with in those conditions?

Buzglyd 04-27-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 281258)
Great article, and the video was outstanding as well. Hearing the sound the bikes make at speed was worth the effort to make it.

Its impressive that you got that kind of range beating the crap out of the batteries. Will you be able to use the biked in a more typical day to day scenario and see how they are to live with in those conditions?

I don't know about you, but that is typically how I ride my bikes day to day.

Kevin_Duke 04-27-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 281258)

Glad to hear you appreciated the audio in the vid - sounds cool, huh? Unfo, the bikes had to be returned before we delved into their total ranges at less-abusive paces. Keep in mind that an e-bike's "fuel" economy varies hugely compared to an ICE bike depending on how and where it's ridden. If your commute doesn't involve freeways, I'll bet you could pretty easily coax out 75 miles or more between charges.

The Spaceman 04-28-2013 06:09 AM

Well this is a first: one of my riding buds emailed me a link to the article's video on YooToob.

Buzglyd 04-29-2013 06:19 AM

Kenneth needs to clearly state at what range/pricepoint he would actually BUY one of these.

Two years from now they'll be out of business and you'll be blaming it on BIG OIL!

12er 04-29-2013 05:57 PM

My buddy picked up their EV Rav4 last night. I thanked him for being an early adapter that will make it cheaper for me in a few years. As for Ebikes it will be a while before I can see one in my future. While the car tends to be short trips that 90% of the time an EV would do it, the bike I tend to ride at minimum 200 miles per ride.

Buzglyd 04-29-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 281277)
My buddy picked up their EV Rav4 last night. I thanked him for being an early adapter that will make it cheaper for me in a few years. As for Ebikes it will be a while before I can see one in my future. While the car tends to be short trips that 90% of the time an EV would do it, the bike I tend to ride at minimum 200 miles per ride.

True that.

I even think I could make a Nissan Leaf work since I work from home.

But a bike? My lunch rides alone would leave me stranded.

jmdonald 04-30-2013 07:23 AM

Limited range vehicle.

Since the planet is not in any real danger from climate change, logic and reason do not permit my purchasing a limited range vehicle of any type. Bottom line for me is limited range and they take to long to charge. Who would pay a premium for that?