Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Ten Questions with Piaggio's VP of Design, Miguel Galluzzi (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20962-ten-questions-piaggios-vp-design-miguel-galluzzi.html)

Administrator 04-25-2013 02:24 PM

Ten Questions with Piaggio's VP of Design, Miguel Galluzzi

Original Article:
Ten Questions with Piaggio's VP of Design, Miguel Galluzzi

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Ten Questions with Piaggio's VP of Design, Miguel Galluzzi in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

jmdonald 04-25-2013 06:26 PM

Business Model

Design is identity. If they combine that idea with a smaller volume high product quality business model they stand to be very successful. I like the California.

The Spaceman 04-26-2013 07:14 AM

The guy has an attitude, no doubt. And that's not a criticism; I think it's based on a conviction that his company has a cultural depth that puts it above the competition. He certainly has the credentials; that list of bikes he designed is impressive.

And he provided my new sig line, which I think fits in with my new bike's design philosophy nicely.

BTW: I wonder if he ever walks into a place and says: "Hi. I'm Galluzzi from Guzzi."

Buzglyd 04-26-2013 07:59 AM

For the hipster generation, the more organic, traditional looking bikes are what sells.

Harley is killing it with the younger crowd.

I guess all the know-it-alls from a few years ago were wrong again.

schizuki 04-26-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 281247)
For the hipster generation, the more organic, traditional looking bikes are what sells.

Harley is killing it with the younger crowd.

Do hipsters shave with safety razors? Because I just bought one and I dig it.

Kevin_Duke 04-26-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 281246)
The guy has an attitude, no doubt. And that's not a criticism; I think it's based on a conviction that his company has a cultural depth that puts it above the competition. He certainly has the credentials; that list of bikes he designed is impressive.

And he provided my new sig line, which I think fits in with my new bike's design philosophy nicely.

BTW: I wonder if he ever walks into a place and says: "Hi. I'm Galluzzi from Guzzi."

I would if I could!

Buzglyd 04-26-2013 03:04 PM

I just returned from a trip to the East Coast and upon landing, drove to the Italian dealer downtown.

They had a new Touring Guzzi on display. It's a nice bike but didn't make me want to throw down 18 grand. The way the gas tank is finished is a little odd with those removable panels on the exterior. There is a large gap running down both sides of the tank.

I don't think I'd call the fit and finish Harley quality.

Calluzzi is right about the "cruiser" thing. Harleys are Harleys.

Cruiser is a BS term ginned up by the moto press to refer to a Japanese Harley copy. Most likely marching orders from the Big Four advertisers.

Kevin_Duke 04-26-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 281252)
I just returned from a trip to the East Coast and upon landing, drove to the Italian dealer downtown.

They had a new Touring Guzzi on display. It's a nice bike but didn't make me want to throw down 18 grand. The way the gas tank is finished is a little odd with those removable panels on the exterior. There is a large gap running down both sides of the tank.

I don't think I'd call the fit and finish Harley quality.

Calluzzi is right about the "cruiser" thing. Harleys are Harleys.

Cruiser is a BS term ginned up by the moto press to refer to a Japanese Harley copy. Most likely marching orders from the Big Four advertisers.

Are you trolling or just not thinking about human nature to categorize everything. :)

Buzglyd 04-26-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 281254)
Are you trolling or just not thinking about human nature to categorize everything. :)

Me? Troll?

You know I just say what's on my mind.

Interesting article and I'm looking forward to a test ride. I'd be more likely to put the base model in the garage since I have the BMW for touring purposes.

Kevin_Duke 04-26-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 281255)
Me? Troll?

You know I just say what's on my mind.

Interesting article and I'm looking forward to a test ride. I'd be more likely to put the base model in the garage since I have the BMW for touring purposes.

I'm interested in hearing what you think of it. It seems to be a unique fit for you.