Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2013 Harley-Davidson FXSB Breakout Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20892-2013-harley-davidson-fxsb-breakout-review.html)

Administrator 03-13-2013 03:30 PM

2013 Harley-Davidson FXSB Breakout Review

Original Article:
2013 Harley-Davidson FXSB Breakout Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2013 Harley-Davidson FXSB Breakout Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 03-13-2013 07:14 PM

Dang. Looks like you'll need traction if you ride it more than 1/2 hour.

Buzglyd 03-13-2013 09:31 PM

The CVO version is bad friggin a$$. The rims alone are worth the price.

I have to see this one in the flesh. Softails can be punishing. Mine has brand new progressive shocks and I still keep an eye out for bumps.

The Spaceman 03-14-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 280644)
Dang. Looks like you'll need traction if you ride it more than 1/2 hour.

My thoughts exactly, especially from that photo in the middle of the article where you can really see the rider ergonomics.

But if it makes HD customers happy, more power to them.

jonnychampagne 03-14-2013 07:36 AM

We rode it all day, and it wasn't too bad - but, as I mentioned in the article, this was in Florida, where you never really get to move or shift around in the saddle at all. (I think that one pic where I'm turning is the only curve in the entire state ;)
Someday, I'd love to see if that leverage is necessary ....

Buzglyd 03-14-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnychampagne (Post 280648)
We rode it all day, and it wasn't too bad - but, as I mentioned in the article, this was in Florida, where you never really get to move or shift around in the saddle at all. (I think that one pic where I'm turning is the only curve in the entire state ;)
Someday, I'd love to see if that leverage is necessary ....

How tall are you?

Sometimes the drag bars seem far away.

Buzglyd 03-14-2013 07:52 AM

The wheels on the CVO version are likely a small fortune at the dealer.

sarnali2 03-14-2013 08:10 AM

That's a bike that begs for pullbacks or short ape hangers and about a 6 over front end. Then it would be the perfect 70's retro chopper and a perfect complement to the Sportster "72". They could call it the "74".. (get it? a "74") ???

Jeeze I'm in the wrong line of work I tell ya...

jmdonald 03-14-2013 09:58 AM

We all know

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 280651)
That's a bike that begs for pullbacks or short ape hangers and about a 6 over front end. Then it would be the perfect 70's retro chopper and a perfect complement to the Sportster "72". They could call it the "74".. (get it? a "74") ???

Jeeze I'm in the wrong line of work I tell ya...

We already know you are a paid spokesperson for AeroStich. You have now confirmed suspicions you were/are the driving force behind many of the Retro HD designs. Keep up the good work.

jonnychampagne 03-14-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 280649)
How tall are you?

Sometimes the drag bars seem far away.

I'm 5'11". Like I said, it wasn't TOO bad for me, but I could see it being a potential problem for the altitude-challenged ... ;)