Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Motorcycle Racing On Ice! - Video (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20861-motorcycle-racing-ice-video.html)

Administrator 02-22-2013 08:49 PM

Motorcycle Racing On Ice! - Video

Original Article:
Motorcycle Racing On Ice! - Video

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Motorcycle Racing On Ice! - Video in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Duken4evr 02-23-2013 12:49 PM

Sounds like fun! Was wondering if the bike had a thermostat. With the FI and a T-Stat in place, the engine is running perfect. Must make good power in all that cold.

The suspension probably was stiff in the little hacky stuff as it has MX valving and the oil thick as molasses. I would just dial the compression adjusters all the way out :)

sliphorn 02-23-2013 08:28 PM

Very cool! Years ago I'd go up to Mineola Bay on Fox Lake in Fox Lake, Illinois and sit in the tavern and watch the ice races on the bay. Can you say hammered?! Good fun!

The Spaceman 02-25-2013 12:16 PM

That's f'ing nuts.

Kevin_Duke 02-26-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 280391)
That's f'ing nuts.

By "nuts," do you mean "cool and adventuresome"? Or just nuts...?

The Spaceman 02-26-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 280404)
By "nuts," do you mean "cool and adventuresome"? Or just nuts...?

Just nuts.

Keep in mind I've never lived in a climate with an average temperature lower than the mid-80's. The idea of deliberately riding a motorcycle on solid-state water makes about as much sense to me as...well...it makes no sense at all. But I'm glad they like it.

Kevin_Duke 02-26-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 280405)
Just nuts.

Keep in mind I've never lived in a climate with an average temperature lower than the mid-80's. The idea of deliberately riding a motorcycle on solid-state water makes about as much sense to me as...well...it makes no sense at all. But I'm glad they like it.

Well, consider the situation of riders who live in snowy climes and are unable to ride for several months of the year. The limited opportunities to ride force some enthusiasts to venture out on the ice. Not only are they riding, they're having a blast!

schizuki 02-26-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 280391)
That's f'ing nuts.

Nah. Riding in a straight line all day is nuts.

The Spaceman 02-26-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 280412)
Well, consider the situation of riders who live in snowy climes and are unable to ride for several months of the year. The limited opportunities to ride force some enthusiasts to venture out on the ice. Not only are they riding, they're having a blast!

An excellent point. It's easy to forget that winter closes out riding for people who don't live in warmer climates.

The Spaceman 02-26-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 280413)
Nah. Riding in a straight line all day is nuts.

So...how's the weather up your way? Been riding much? :D