Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #11
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Funny ramp story. I had a '77 BMW R100/7 in the back of my Ford Ranger and had driven out to the Grand Canyon with my wife. Decided to unload the bike and was in the process of doing so by myself, truck backed up to the curb. That old Beemer was not terribly difficult to deal with either. Even so, a small group of German tourists gathered and watched in amazement. Wound up talking to one old German guy, he really dug my BMW. Seems he was an airhead aficianodo. That bike was pretty cool.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #12
Tom Roderick
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
Nice writeup, TRod!

I've been lusting after a ReadyRamp for a couple of years, but a system has never made it to the top of my buy list.

Note that the caption for the shot of the ramp where it 'engages' the tailgate is incorrect. It describes the rubber feet.
Thanks, Pushrod. Yes, the photo and caption got mixed up. I was referring to the rubber bumpers on the underside of the ramp, not the feet.

The longer ramp for full-size trucks will help to slightly decrease the steep angle, but like everyone else has already mentioned, I always back the rear wheels into some kind of depression to help ease loading.