Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2014 Honda CTX700 First Look (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20834-2014-honda-ctx700-first-look.html)

Administrator 02-11-2013 01:26 PM

2014 Honda CTX700 First Look

Original Article:
2014 Honda CTX700 First Look

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2014 Honda CTX700 First Look in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

And don't forget to check out the new Honda CTX700 Forum.

seruzawa 02-11-2013 05:59 PM

First look? Actually one look is enough. Why did Honda beat it with an ugly stick?

12er 02-11-2013 06:39 PM

My eyes.... The horror...

Buzglyd 02-11-2013 07:18 PM

All these articles about "practical rides" are depressing me.

It makes me yearn for the days of $40,000 chrome choppers.

We're becoming Europe or maybe even India.

Whoopee.

SpeedwayRN 02-12-2013 06:13 AM

Maybe it will bring more riders into the sport...

jmdonald 02-12-2013 06:23 AM

P.P. Style

If this is what price point style is they need to do some work.

The Spaceman 02-12-2013 06:40 AM

I kinda like the one with the fairing and saddle bags. But even more interesting to me is that Honda is finally innovating again. It's been cruisers and supersports only for much too long. The NC platform isn't for me, but its moving riders off VStroms already. And I think the CTX will give buyers a lot more value for their money in the long run than yet another Vtwin HD clone

Kevin_Duke 02-12-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedwayRN (Post 280105)
Maybe it will bring more riders into the sport...

Traditional, old-timey riders like us are known to have conservative tastes. But we're not the target market. I can appreciate the vision of people needing a bike like this. We'll have to see if the 20-something market agrees. They'll give their verdict on the sales floor. It'll be interesting to see how it does.

Duken4evr 02-12-2013 09:36 AM

I can see these as appealing to younger iPhone generation and I wish Honda luck with the endeavor. Let's face it, as Baby Boomers, like the dinosaurs before us, we ruled and crapped all over the world, but we will eventually become irrelevent and our stick in the mud protests will be dismissed as the rantings of cranky old men. At the moment, still all full of bravado and packing a lightning fast liter class sportish bike, I don't particularly care for this vision of the future, but who knows. The plan for my own personal road to geezerville is something like the new CB1100F and then maybe something like one of these new Honda CTXs.

Instead of getting a scooter, one of these in a variant with some storage capacity makes sense as a cheaper and in my opinion similar but better (as it still is a motorcycle after all) alternative to a maxi scooter for my toddling off to the nursing home years.

One thing is a given. As long as I can see where the hell I am going and have the physical ability, I am gonna ride something with 2 wheels, probably longer into those sunset years than is advisable. :)

jmdonald 02-12-2013 09:54 AM

Warthog

Styling issues aside I also am glad to see this line offered by Honda. The pilots of the A-10 Thunderbolt saw the plane as Gorgeous. Functional air dams are not always a thing of beauty. I would have killed for a reasonable priced middle weight bike with the new technology and metallurgy available today in my 20's. If they remain profitable it will be even better.