Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2014 Honda CTX700 First Look (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20834-2014-honda-ctx700-first-look.html)

sarnali2 02-13-2013 02:07 PM

As a total function over form guy the A10 is the bees flippin' knees as far as I'm concerned, a thing of beauty to rival the F4j Phantom 2, F86 Sabre, Spitfire, F4U Corsair, BF109e, A6M type 0 etc..

I find this Honda to be a halfway decent looking bike and a welcome relief from the 50's burgerbarn fantasy crap they've been dishing up for so long. I think it's in line with the other Honda purpose built bikes like the Winger, ST1300 and Deauville. Good solid and practical designs, this comes across as a good functional motorcycle. It's nice to see Honda coming up with their own look again after so long away in cookiecutter land.

The Spaceman 02-13-2013 02:54 PM

The thing I've always liked about the A-10 is it's survivability. That thing has redundant redundancies. The flight control hydraulics, all the electronics, the fuel system, even the control surfaces of the plane are designed to keep it in the air even if 1/2 of it is shot away. And the pilot sits in a armored "bathtub"; virtually the only way to hit him (or her) is to fire from above.

Kind of a shame we never had WWIII with the Commies so they coulda been used for what they were designed for. Shooting up Toyota Hylux trucks and school buses hauling ass out of Kuwait was beneath them.\\Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

schizuki 02-13-2013 05:32 PM

I was driving down a quiet country lane in New Hampshire when three of them screamed over at treetop level. Scared the living shyt out of me.

Overload 02-14-2013 04:58 PM

LONG reach

The pegs are too far forward. I'm short and can't reach them. I'd seriously consider this bike if I could fit it. As mentioned in the article a cheap Diavel.

BrowningBAR 02-15-2013 10:35 AM

Naked and black? It's okay. The fairing and luggage is not attractive. Kind of surprised it is reasonably priced.

Kevin_Duke 02-15-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overload (Post 280179)
The pegs are too far forward. I'm short and can't reach them. I'd seriously consider this bike if I could fit it. As mentioned in the article a cheap Diavel.

I'm surprised the peg position is impossible for you, as shorter riders are part of the audience Honda is trying to reach with this bike. I presume you've already sat on it and tried it on for size. What's your inseam?

Buzglyd 02-15-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 280202)
I'm surprised the peg position is impossible for you, as shorter riders are part of the audience Honda is trying to reach with this bike. I presume you've already sat on it and tried it on for size. What's your inseam?

I don't see the "cheap Diavel" part other than the seating position.

The Diavel is bada$$.

This thing isn't even a little bit bada$$.

The SV650 was inexpensive and a little bada$$. No comparison here.

BrowningBAR 02-15-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 280204)
I don't see the "cheap Diavel" part other than the seating position.

The Diavel is bada$$.

This thing isn't even a little bit bada$$.

The SV650 was inexpensive and a little bada$$. No comparison here.

If the Diavel was made in the mid-80s.

sarnali2 02-15-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 280208)
If the Diavel was made in the mid-80s.

Hey stranger, climbed out of the bunker for a little fresh air eh?

BrowningBAR 02-15-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 280210)
Hey stranger, climbed out of the bunker for a little fresh air eh?

My radiation gauge was stuck.