Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2013 MV Agusta F4 and F4 RR Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/20798-2013-mv-agusta-f4-f4-rr-review.html)

Administrator 01-28-2013 12:46 PM

2013 MV Agusta F4 and F4 RR Review

Original Article:
2013 MV Agusta F4 and F4 RR Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2013 MV Agusta F4 and F4 RR Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The Spaceman 01-28-2013 03:17 PM

So, MV is the first to claim over 200 hp on a factory bike. Good for them; BMW was batting that number around when the S1000RR came out, but it didn't pan out. With drive train losses, that should come out to about what, 185 at the rear wheel?

I'm glad nobody told MV that under-seat exhausts are out of fashion. Their pipe organ exhaust tips are a thing of beauty.

Duken4evr 01-28-2013 05:55 PM

These MVs are beautiful bikes, the standard model is not that much more than the Japanese liter class offerings, considering what you get and the cool factor, and they are relatively cheap when viewed comparatively through the large cruiser bike pricing lens. A few discerning types should be willing to buy one of these exotic billet missiles.

These bikes may be impractical as hell, but if I had deep pockets and was a better track day rider I would gladly have one. An MV could never be my only bike, but it would be cool to pull into the garage and see MV art sitting there every day. Would really help in dealing with the stuff life throws our way. Fantasy, garage bound moto therapy and in the saddle adrenaline rush all in one. It is all good in MV land.

As it is, back in plebian lunch bucket gotta work at the W2 job city, the FZ1 serves. It is common as dirt, but fast enough to scare me, comfy enough to ride, and durable as an anvil. Coolness is decidely lacking, but bang for the buck is off the charts. It is what we penny pinching Wal-Mart shoppers do to make our moto ends meet. Order me up an MV if I ever hit the lotto, or the ship finally comes in :)

jmdonald 01-28-2013 08:09 PM

Always.

I want one. When I'm not riding it I can look at it. Spaceman is right the exhaust is nice.

The Spaceman 01-29-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 279823)
but it would be cool to pull into the garage and see MV art sitting there every day.

No, no, no. You park your MV in the living room. And the wife can go to hell if she doesn't like it.

Kevin_Duke 01-29-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 279818)
So, MV is the first to claim over 200 hp on a factory bike. Good for them; BMW was batting that number around when the S1000RR came out, but it didn't pan out. With drive train losses, that should come out to about what, 185 at the rear wheel?

I'm glad nobody told MV that under-seat exhausts are out of fashion. Their pipe organ exhaust tips are a thing of beauty.

Count on about a 10% drivetrain loss, so expect 180. Or 175 if claimed power enjoys an Italian spec chart boost. :)

Duken4evr 01-29-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 279832)
No, no, no. You park your MV in the living room. And the wife can go to hell if she doesn't like it.

I like your style. A viable compromise is to park it in the finshed like a sports bar walk out basement, next to the HD projection screen and bar. Oh wait a minute. That is my friend's basement. Will have to work on that.